Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
In David's defence Harry I didn't read his reply to you as an opinion on social morality but more of a light hearted comment regarding the legal standing of possibly infringing legalities. I often think it is more than helpful (although sometimes irritating I agree) for people to point out the pitfalls of some of our courses of action. Regarding the type approval comment unfortunately he is perfectly correct and the implications regarding invalidating insurance are sadly, as so many people will testify, all too true, insurance companies are all too keen to look for ways to avoid paying out on claims.
I really don't think he was trying to moralise or patronise but more to provide information...........anyway about those tyres......!

Nich.
I STILL feel guilty about our “ Tyre Wars “ posts Nich ❗️ There I was criticising your Continental Tyres recommendation..saying my Toyo’s We’re so much better...your Continentals were crap...ya boo sucks Etc ❗️AND..the Tyres I’d taken off ..were actually ..BRIDGESTONES ❗️❗️ It was only months later I realised ..my embarrassing cock up ❗️
Anyway..Toyo have changed the actual T1 Sports Tyres ..into the Proxy Sports now..and ruined them evidently ❗️ A new Compound. Terrible test results ..every test..nearly the lowest score ..in Dry , Rain, you name it ..road test conditions. A real shame..I need a new set soon..won’t be choosing Toyo’s again.

The new ( ish ) ....Continental Premium 6 ...Tires actually sound quite good ...I’m tempted ....Looked at some highly regarded German Magazine Tyre Tests ...on impressive Test Circuits...and they reckoned the Conti’s were the DB’s ...best handling on dry , best steering / cornering ..and won the tests ..ahead of the usual current Tyre Test hero ..the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ❗️

Please look at my post re : Kwic Fit Tyres ...( posting tomorrow ) with regards to my Local Branch Managers Tyre recommendation for my 260:❗️ It’s hilarious ...actually ..it’s an insanely dangerous recommendation ..a Tyre Fitment suggestion...that would probably end up in my swift death...if I accepted his “ knowledgable expert’s “ advice ❗️
I would never ever but Tires from them anyway ..I was only checking prices. But it really was amazing..how useless they are ..starting from the Top down ❗️