MGZT 260 Rear Suspension Trailing Arms

Thread: MGZT 260 Rear Suspension Trailing Arms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MGZT 260 Rear Suspension Trailing Arms

My lovely old V8 has suffered a rear suspension collapse and the trailing arm adjusters are seized in their bushes. Does anyone have, or know where I could get, replacement arms?
    Many thanks.
    David McIntosh
    davmci1@gmail.com

Hi David - I suggest welding up your old ones once you have pulled them off rather than chasing new ones. You will have to use an angle grinder to get them out but new adjusting bolts are available (they are a Ford item) as are new bushes. Check the Index for suggestions. On some cars the lateral links are prone to breaking at the eyes for some reason (poor manufacture) and welding all the eyes and yokes again by a competent welder is a permanent solution. I'll email you some photos...

Malcolm
    Last edited by Malcolmr; 15-08-2018 at 01:51 AM.
    VIN 206
    This is definitely not her car...

First post in 5 years David, you need to get your questionnaire back to Tim to get full membership. You'll find most of the information you are looking for in the INDEX.

Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

Red face Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolmr View Post
    Hi David - I suggest welding up your old ones once you have pulled them off rather than chasing new ones. You will have to use an angle grinder to get them out but new adjusting bolts are available (they are a Ford item) as are new bushes. Check the Index for suggestions. On some cars the lateral links are prone to breaking at the eyes for some reason (poor manufacture) and welding all the eyes and yokes again by a competent welder is a permanent solution. I'll email you some photos...

Malcolm
    Many thanks all. Problem solved.
    With Malcolm's help and encouragement, plus advice and great parts service from Beech Hill Garage Reading, my beloved ZT is well on her way to a full recovery.
    It's taken me a long time to get properly connected with the two-sixties club but it's certainly now going to be an active permanent feature of my motoring life.
    Thank you Malcolm, Will at Beech Hill and the two-sixties team.