17" Starspokes (as a spare wheel)

Thread: 17" Starspokes (as a spare wheel)

Default 17" Starspokes (as a spare wheel)

I have four 17 inch Starspokes from another Rover 75. The alloys are best described as acceptable and the tyres as instantly replaceable. I'm thinking of keeping one as a spare for my v8. Anythreebody interested in exchanging a modest sum of cash for one of the others each? £50 per wheel seems to be the going rate, delivery to be negotiated.

P1050274.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by oldie View Post
    I have four 17 inch Starspokes from another Rover 75. The alloys are best described as acceptable and the tyres as instantly replaceable. I'm thinking of keeping one as a spare for my v8. Anythreebody interested in exchanging a modest sum of cash for one of the others each? £50 per wheel seems to be the going rate, delivery to be negotiated.

P1050274.jpg
    Check the inner hub size of the Starspoke on one of the rear axel's. Go from there.

Kev

Here's a couple of pictures of my Rover v8 260 automatic showing Starspoke wheels as a standard factory fit option. I'm unaware of any difference between the two models of the v8 260 regarding front or rear hub sizes. However I'm happy to be informed otherwise. I just thought a couple of owners would prefer a full size spare rather than the aerosol repair.

rover-75-saloon-petrol-5c3dc8b85227.jpg
    rover-75-saloon-petrol-64a4588b3763.jpg
    75_V8_01.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by oldie View Post
    Here's a couple of pictures of my Rover v8 260 automatic showing Starspoke wheels as a standard factory fit option. I'm unaware of any difference between the two models of the V8 260 regarding front or rear hub sizes...
    I'm sure all V8's, ZT/R75 Mk1 & Mk2, are identical in respect of acceptable wheels, hub dimensions, clearances etc. as you suggest, David.

However there certainly are differences between V6's and V8's, as well as between front and rear of the V8's.
    Even 17" Serpentines from a V6 will actually (just) fit on the rear of a V8, but not on the front, strangely. Appears to be the calliper causing the problem.

I drove a few miles (not enthusiastically!) with a pair of 17" Serps on the back when delivering two Vortexes to the refurb shop; looked mighty odd, but didn't feel odd at all!

The only safe answer for 17's would be the Star Spokes though I think. A space-saver I use on a V6 certainly did not fit the V8, front or back.

David
    Last edited by David; 07-08-2018 at 02:25 PM.