In recent years I have bought two cars from factory dealerships, - one a Seat, one a Toyota. They were both second hand with about 50k miles on the clock, but with dealer service history. In my experience of these two purchases, the dealers only sell what they consider to be the best of the used cars that come their way, the others get passed into the trade. Prices are not as low as can be found in other places, including private sales, but you get a good used car that's already done most of its depreciation, sold by a dealer whose good name is not worth them supplying dodgy motors.

I found in both cases the dealers were not willing to negotiate on price, but were willing to put right minor blemishes etc, and sell with a full MOT - in both cases they were MOTd after I bought them so were sold with 12 months MOT.

In both cases after one- and three-years respectively, the cars have proven to be reliable and trouble-free.

I wouldn't buy a new car.

I wonder why you have posted this question on this forum - have you an interest in our cars?

Regards

Andrew