Bolt availability information - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Bolt availability information

  1. #11
    Administrator Nich's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    8,473

    Default

    Too late Steve, fully threaded available.



    Nich.

    ...
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

    Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

    65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 114.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

    Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.


    ...
    ...

  2. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hatfield, Herts.
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 6KH View Post
    I have a TYG000250 in front of me. It's M10 x 1.5 x 50mm with a threaded portion of 40mm and a full diameter of 7mm. The flanged bolt head suits an E12 socket.

    Unfortunately a DIN 912 socket head capscrew M10 x 50 12.9 has a threaded portion of 32mm. You can buy these quite readily. You'd have to get an M10 x 1.5 (standard M10 pitch) die to extend the thread if you wanted to replicate the original.

    Regards

    Andrew
    AAAhh so! Another bit of wrong information to send me down a path with no hope. I didn't dare take out another bolt from my car to check the spec and so relied on the forum which had a post in another thread stating it was pitch 2. Most bolts in the automotive trade are 1.5 for drive-line (BMW, JLR, Vauxhall). I will now search for a 1.5 x 50mm.

    Thanks for that Andrew, the information is more reassuring.

    Kev

  3. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hatfield, Herts.
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
    There’s a company I use through work and they don’t list M10 with a 2 pitch, you need to move to M14 & M16 to get a 2 pitch
    Yeah, everyone and everyone's contact or granny over the last 8 months said pitch 2 at M10 would be a rarity.

    Thanks for the confirmation Les.

    Kev

  4. #14
    Administrator Nich's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    8,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
    .................. I will now search for a 1.5 x 50mm......
    Kev
    Could try here Kev..........as I said earlier!

    https://www.accu.co.uk/en/cap-head-s...CF-M10-50-12-9

    Nich.



    ...
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

    Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

    65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 114.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

    Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.


    ...
    ...

  5. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Pictures are here: https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=11285&title=zyg0000250&cat=502

    The bolt is per my earlier post in this thread.

    I found the application of heat to be the best way of removing these bolts. The thread-locking material makes them very tight to undo otherwise. The difference heat makes is unbelievable. May I suggest that if you use heat to get the bolts out, they should be perfectly capable of being re-used with a suitable threadlocking compound applied, such as Loctite 270.

    Andrew

  6. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hatfield, Herts.
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 6KH View Post
    Pictures are here: https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=11285&title=zyg0000250&cat=502

    The bolt is per my earlier post in this thread.

    I found the application of heat to be the best way of removing these bolts. The thread-locking material makes them very tight to undo otherwise. The difference heat makes is unbelievable. May I suggest that if you use heat to get the bolts out, they should be perfectly capable of being re-used with a suitable threadlocking compound applied, such as Loctite 270.

    Andrew
    A bit more mystery info Andrew. Vehicle in at Austin's for 60k service and EML.

    Nick reckons that MGR may have been about to update part numbers when they went bust. TYG000260 is probably the same bolt. However, TYG000260 is 1.25 pitch.

    One wouldn't have thought that a simple bolt would cause such grief!

    Kev

    p.s.
    Is the Febig box pic relative
    Last edited by torque2me; 29-06-2018 at 12:24 PM. Reason: data correction

  7. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Kev,

    I don't understand "Is the Febig box pic relative".

    As for TYG000260, this bolt is completely different from TYG000250.
    TYG000250: M10 x 1.5 x 50mm with a threaded portion of 40mm and a full shank diameter over a length of 7mm. The flanged bolt head suits an E12 socket.
    TYG000260: M10 x 1.25 x 60mm with a threaded portion of 28mm and a full shank diameter over a length of 30mm. The flanged bolt head suits an E12 socket.

    They aren't the "same bolt" at all.

    Andrew


  8. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hatfield, Herts.
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 6KH View Post
    Kev,

    I don't understand "Is the Febig box pic relative".

    As for TYG000260, this bolt is completely different from TYG000250.
    TYG000250: M10 x 1.5 x 50mm with a threaded portion of 40mm and a full shank diameter over a length of 7mm. The flanged bolt head suits an E12 socket.
    TYG000260: M10 x 1.25 x 60mm with a threaded portion of 28mm and a full shank diameter over a length of 30mm. The flanged bolt head suits an E12 socket.

    They aren't the "same bolt" at all.

    Andrew

    Spot on Andy, I was mis-reading my notes. 60mm for the TYG000260.

    Kev
    p.s.
    I only mentioned Febig as it is
    in the pic gallery indexed to the
    URL you gave.
    Last edited by torque2me; 02-07-2018 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Missing ps

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •