V8 260 - Rear ABS reluctor rings
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: V8 260 - Rear ABS reluctor rings

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default V8 260 - Rear ABS reluctor rings

    I'm trying to identify the rear ABS reluctor rings fitted to our rear drive shaft outer joints?
    So far I've managed to identify the MGR Part No: TDC000270 for the drive-shaft units, which I would bet are OE BMW parts, so one possibility is a cross-over to a readily available BMW part, either OE or after-market, but I could be wrong, advice please.
    The reluctor rings are the punched steel ladder ring type, rather than the castellated type and I'm hoping some one has previously identified them on the forum and can provide the measurements of the ring or even a part no:/supplier with this information it'll be relatively easy to identify a potential supplier for everyone to use in the future

  2. #2
    Registered User SCP440's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Witney Oxfordshire
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    The one listed for a ZT on this page is the correct one
    http://www.reluctorrings.com/cars/rover
    We had this discussion a few months ago.

    Steve

  3. #3
    #829 called 'Olive' David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Breugel, Holland
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Maybe Paul, not being a fully signed up member (yet), didn't have access to the thread?

    David
    2005 Rover 75 V8 Connoisseur SE #829 called 'Olive'
    2003 Rover 75 Tourer 2.5 V6
    2 x 2000 Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6
    .. all LHD

  4. #4
    Administrator Nich's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    8,608

    Default

    It looks like Paul joined 4 years ago but hasn't managed to get his questionnaire back to Tim.

    If you are reading this Paul it's time to get full membership by returning your questionnaire or asking for a new one. All of the information you need is on our full site.

    Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

    Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

    65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 114.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

    Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.


    ...
    ...

  5. #5
    #829 called 'Olive' David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Breugel, Holland
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    It looks like Paul joined 4 years ago but hasn't managed to get his questionnaire back to Tim.

    If you are reading this Paul it's time to get full membership by returning your questionnaire or asking for a new one. All of the information you need is on our full site.

    Nich.
    On FB a lot apparently, but never once here. The reluctor ring problem elicited no answer there, as far a I can see.

    David
    2005 Rover 75 V8 Connoisseur SE #829 called 'Olive'
    2003 Rover 75 Tourer 2.5 V6
    2 x 2000 Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6
    .. all LHD

  6. #6
    #264
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    471

    Default

    How do these rings fit?

  7. #7
    #829 called 'Olive' David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Breugel, Holland
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Not an answer to your question, but a tip with regard to getting suitable new reluctor ring(s), if indeed that ends up being necessary. See this thread; as usual most relevant posts are towards the end of the thread.
    https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...Reluctor-rings

    David
    2005 Rover 75 V8 Connoisseur SE #829 called 'Olive'
    2003 Rover 75 Tourer 2.5 V6
    2 x 2000 Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6
    .. all LHD

  8. #8
    Registered User SCP440's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Witney Oxfordshire
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by damienp View Post
    How do these rings fit?
    They just need tapping on. If you still have the old one you can use that or if not a metal punch can be used with care

    Carefully Check the diameter as corrosion can make them expand so machining might be needed.

    Steve
    Last edited by SCP440; 14-01-2019 at 09:47 PM.

  9. #9
    #264
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Not an answer to your question, but a tip with regard to getting suitable new reluctor ring(s), if indeed that ends up being necessary. See this thread; as usual most relevant posts are towards the end of the thread.
    https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...Reluctor-rings

    David
    Thanks David. As if 260 life isn't hard enough already......

  10. #10
    #264
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
    They just nerd tapping on. If you still have the old one you can use that or if not a metal punch can be used with care

    Carefully Check the diameter as corrosion can make them expand so machining might be needed.

    Steve
    Thanks Steve.
    Where's that swear box.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •