Me and my ZT 260 SE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Me and my ZT 260 SE

Default Me and my ZT 260 SE

Hello everybody.

I was wondering if anybody has any information/answers about my Newley acquired MGZT 260 SE. The information I have so far is as followers.

I know it was Registered 29 06 2004 to MG Rover. Colour X-power Grey (LEF). Original 10 blade alloy wheels fitted
    Chassis ending in 000600 being the 600th V8 manufactured of the total of 888. Does anybody know the Rover/ MG split of the 888.
    Fitted with the x-power exhaust system. IÂ?m told this was factory fitted at registration, Is this possible as the exhaust system would be 14yrs old?.
    In the service record book under the vehicle details is written Â?Press CarÂ?. What does this mean please?

Any answers to the above would be greatly appreciated in addition to any addition informatio.

Many thanks

Michael

Hi Michael - welcome to the Two-Sixties. Someone will have the exact numbers for you, or they may indeed be in the "Index", but out of the 883 produced about 770 were the MG variants. You should track down some useful reference books - Anders Clausager's MG Saloon Cars and David Knowles' MG V8. Both have very good information on the development and production of the Two Sixty.

There is every chance your exhaust is 14 years old. Old 206 (my car) still has its original system. Other bits have rusted away, but the exhaust is still going!

Malcolm
    VIN 206
    This is definitely not her car...

Hi Michael, welcome to the Two-Sixties. You need to get your questionnaire back to Tim to get full acess to the site.

Just a few points.

The alloys are 'Apex' alloys.

There were a total of 884 V8's produced.

If your exhaust system is an X Power system it could have been factory fitted but will have quad outlets and as far as I am aware have X Power etched on them somewhere.

If it was a press car then it will have been produced at the factory with a specific set of add-ons (such as X Power exhausts) and would have been used to advertise the model range at press launches etc.

There are pictures of your car in our Gallery.

Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

Hi and welcome
    colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    ... Any answers to the above would be greatly appreciated in addition to any addition information... l
    Welcome Michael! When you join as a full member, there is lots of information to find here. Even then, if you can't then find it, just asking will always get you the info you need. We're a friendly and helpful bunch

#600 was owned by a member here and was mentioned in several posts (nothing terrible, don't panic !!). When you've joined you can read them yourself of course.

Manufacturing split was as follows:
    Rover 75 V8 Saloon 154 (37 LHD)
    Rover 75 V8 Tourer 16 (3 LHD)
    MG ZT Saloon 565 (63 LHD)
    MG ZT-T Tourer 152 (37 LHD)

That is > 883 since, although the last VIN ended in 000883, a couple of duplicate serial numbers exist ( #005, #007). A handful of cars are MG/Rover "cross dressers" or "confused" ! Production-line cars start from VIN #027, and at least 3 Prodrive ZT-T Development cars existed before being crushed, with "None-SARR..." VIN's, hence the theoretical 888.

Cars finished in X-Power Grey like yours, as follows:
    Rover 75 V8 Saloon 21 (2 LHD)
    Rover 75 V8 Tourer 2 (1 LHD)
    MG ZT Saloon 146 (13 LHD)
    MG ZT-T Tourer 33 (6 LHD)

Exhausts are all in stainless steel, although not top quality, but will most likely not have rotted yet from new. Mine have 220k miles and are still intact.

David
    Last edited by David; 14-05-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Welcome Michael

When you can, let us know what area your in. Helps when organising meets or help etc.

Regards

Nigel
    Nigel Baines

MG ZT 385 SE Starlight Silver
    Reg 29 Sep 04 Vin No 496
    `Roush Supercharger fitted 07 Feb 11`

`Do...or do not, There is no try.`

Hi Michael, glad you found your way over here, and welcome to the TwoSixties

Default Thank you

Hi Malcolm.Many thanks for your time in replying to my plea for information. I hope my interest in these cars will grow and in time I'll be able to contribute as much, if not more, than I get from this club. I have had a number of Rover 75s in my time but other than an MGB GT in a former life of mine in the 70s, this is the only other British MG I have owed. I Also have a 2016 MG6 DTI.All the bestMichael

Hi Michael, a whole world of information awaits you when you get your questionnaire back to Tim to get full membership.

Oh look, that's post number 8000.....

Nich.
    Last edited by Nich; 14-05-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

Hi NichThanks for the welcome and I look forward to a long and enjoyable membership. I eventually found the form you mention in the "non-focoused" inbox of my outlook email address. Why on earth MS had to split the inbox I have no idea. Someone justyfying theiir existance methinks. The form is now completed and sent to the email address on the form. Is that tim? Also I've received and email confirming my DD membership.My exhaust system does not have quad pipes, it has two very large oval pipes and certainly enhances the sound of the engine. It looks the same as those I've seen on you tube under MGZT with x-power exhaust. Not looked to see if it's etched or not.The service record book is the only indication of the "Press Car" reference I can see. I'm sure the exhaust is an X-Power but don't know what other add-onns it may have.I've looked for the picture in the Gallery but not really knowing what to do I can't find them. Is the a way of searching the gallery if so how?Thanks againAll the best Michael Nich.