An '07 barn find?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An '07 barn find?

Default An '07 barn find?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-260...53.m1438.l2649

Looks interesting (the VED will be mighty though on an 07 plate? Must be one of the last registered?)

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by YorksMG2016 View Post
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-260...53.m1438.l2649

Looks interesting (the VED will be mighty though on an 07 plate? Must be one of the last registered?)

Andrew
    Yes, Andrew, already a thread running on that (Ian beat you to it !), Heads up for a possible bargain , but it may not stay interesting for long in any event, since as of 17:45 it's already at £4600. Could say it's already gone uninteresting, bearing in mind what will need to be done to it, in all probability.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Yes, Andrew, already a thread running on that (Ian beat you to it !), Heads up for a possible bargain , but it may not stay interesting for long in any event, since as of 17:45 it's already at £4600. Could say it's already gone uninteresting, bearing in mind what will need to be done to it, in all probability.

David
    I saw it on Facebook. It looks like a complete basket case. The mould inside is very worrying and there is a good possibility that trim and metal work under the trim is as rotten as a pear. It's only up the road from me in Eastbourne. I wouldn't like to put a figure on recommissioning it properly - 3x times what it sells for probably. Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by RattyB View Post
    I saw it on Facebook. It looks like a complete basket case. The mould inside is very worrying and there is a good possibility that trim and metal work under the trim is as rotten as a pear. It's only up the road from me in Eastbourne. I wouldn't like to put a figure on recommissioning it properly - 3x times what it sells for probably. Such a shame.
    Not so much "... stored for 5 years..." more, " ... left to the ravages of the elements ...".
    Such a shame indeed. And it's up to £4700 now.

David
    Last edited by David; 04-03-2018 at 09:26 PM.

I think you’re right. It’s been stored outside and has probably filled with water

Not much of a barn find if it was stored outside!

I would hope someone actually looks at it first. I would expect it to be non V8 owners that have bid it up. I would not be overly concerned on the mold as that happens quickly but I would be looking at the underside first....

As we know if you need to sort the subframe by the time you have added all the new bits you will need there is over a £1000, shocks would be another £1000 then all the other associated bits that have not been sorted. Our cars do not do well sitting for long periods and even worse just left in a garage or outside for 2 years also there is paying higher road tax on the car.

You could get a good or much closer to being sorted enthusiast car with provable history for less than the price you will be at when you have sorted only a couple of bits. We are lucky that as a club and a group of enthusiast garages we keep them on the road and we bat way above our average but the days of left over cheap Londgbridge parts have gone so as with the shocks we are down to paying true price

Quote Originally Posted by 3disco View Post
    Not much of a barn find if it was stored outside!
    "Virtual" barn!
    Steve
    #243 Pearl Black

T4 Location Map

Cripes! Currently at £5,600, and new bidders to boot.
    Still almost 6 days to go and seller swears he will let it go to the line, whatever.
    Do I smell the odour of burning fingers?

... is a nice colour though ...

David
    Last edited by David; 06-03-2018 at 02:03 PM. Reason: New current highest bid noted 06/03.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    ... is a nice colour though ...

David
    Yes it might be but the bumper looks like it also needs painting. I wonder if it needs any other paint?

Steve