ZT-T V8 Wanted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZT-T V8 Wanted

Default ZT-T V8 Wanted

Hi all,
    Some of you may have seen my post on Facebook however I would like to put the word out amongst non Facebook users too.

I am in the market for a well looked after ZT-T. Needs to be mechanically sound with at least good bodywork. Service history a must and would rather take over a Sunday car rather than something rotten underneath. I don't want any nut and bolt restoration projects, needs to be a good usable car. Colour not too important but would rather it wasn't silver (unless really good in every other respect). MK1 preferred (big ask I know) and would consider a saloon if the right car but really an estate would be preferred.
    Funds waiting for the right car.

Let me know,
    Cheers,
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
    Hi all,
    Some of you may have seen my post on Facebook however I would like to put the word out amongst non Facebook users too.

I am in the market for a well looked after ZT-T. Needs to be mechanically sound with at least good bodywork. Service history a must and would rather take over a Sunday car rather than something rotten underneath. I don't want any nut and bolt restoration projects, needs to be a good usable car. Colour not too important but would rather it wasn't silver (unless really good in every other respect). MK1 preferred (big ask I know) and would consider a saloon if the right car but really an estate would be preferred.
    Funds waiting for the right car.

Let me know,
    Cheers,
    Phil
    I assume you've looked here, Phil :
    Complete List of 260s FOR SALE

OK, "Complete" I can't guarantee, but I check the status of those listed every day as far as possible, and take a look at all the known "watering holes" for new ones coming up for sale ... so pretty complete?

About 30% are LHD or RHD but non-UK listings, and a few are Rover 75 V8's not ZT260's, but that should be clear.
    (If you do find others or find any listing shown to be inaccurate / no longer available, please PM me. Thanks).

Best of luck!

David
    Last edited by David; 03-03-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks David,
    Yes, had a look at the list. Hopefully off to see the black mk2 tomorrow.
    If I see any more will let you know.

So, I now own a ZTT 260 . Being a member of the MG Car Club, does this grant me full access to the forum?

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

So, I now own a ZTT 260 . Being a member of the MG Car Club, does this grant me full access to the forum?
    Congratulations Phil, which one did you get

i am sure Tim / Nich will be able to advise the way to become a full member but sadly you will need MGOC membership (as they host our website / forum) I became a member on here 10-11 years ago so don't recall the full process

whereabouts are you? It's always good to have your location in your profile. It's very helpful especially when you start asking questions / for advice or help

colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

Thanks Colin,
    I got the black tourer #576 from Jim, a member on here and a very nice chap. I believe the previous owner was also in the club too, a guy called Mick.
    I will certainly sign up, sounds like a wealth of info available which will no doubt be invaluable.
    I'm based just north of Preston, anyone else local?
    Cheers.

Thanks Colin,
    I got the black tourer #576 from Jim, a member on here and a very nice chap. I believe the previous owner was also in the club too, a guy called Mick.
    I will certainly sign up, sounds like a wealth of info available which will no doubt be invaluable.
    Cheers.

Welcome to ownership Phil
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Glad you got one Phil, won’t have to part with my one now lol

Thanks Colin,
    Cheers.
    Yes, welcome 'on-board', at least onto the gang-plank!
    Take it from me, if you ever have a problem with the 260, there will ALWAYS be a bunch of people here only too happy to advise and help you out. No exceptions.

David (P.S. about a thousand miles from Preston, sorry).
    Last edited by David; 04-03-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Welcome from me too - Essex is a bit far from Preston, but i suspect i'm closer than David!
    Andrew Phillips
    MGF - 'Scarlet Fever'
    ZT 260 - 'Old number 27'
    ZS 180 - aka rolling restoration...