v8 for restoration?

Thread: v8 for restoration?

Default v8 for restoration?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...84996395154512

Spotted this, I know nothing about it but may interest somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by oldie View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...84996395154512

Spotted this, I know nothing about it but may interest somebody.
    Thanks David. Just researching that a bit when you posted. I think it is #669, variously registered as CHY 627, W752 RVO and now KT05 RZN. Originally bought in 2005 and run on LPG since then. Owned by a "Charles" somebody (!). From October 2010 at 127k miles it went to David Dyer, member here 'dbdee'. In May 2011 it passed on to Jimmie Biggam (member 'jimmie' here) until the end of 2012 when the track goes cold, until now.

Current checks show last mileage as 177k. How it got into the current state I don't know. Looks like it may have been partly broken or robbed of some bits, judging by the photos? Why is the engine out anyway? Odd.

Clearly the 'donor' is not a ZT 260, so how many bits will be useful is doubtful.

David
    Last edited by David; 13-01-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Shot Silk & Supercharged

Vandalism!

Quote Originally Posted by ksilver View Post
    Vandalism!
    My own thoughts exactly ...

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    ... What's been done so far amounts to nothing short of vandalism. Pity; was a nice car...
    Saving grace is that Mgrick has bought it and intends to be the 'Knight in shining armour' who'll turn back the clock on that.

David
    Last edited by David; 22-01-2018 at 12:17 PM.

The Chatsworth would-be-Jensen car, #669, is up for sale again (and a ZT-T 260 too) from member "mgrick", Ricky Bowker. (see also https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...ot-75-V8/page1 for more info).

From the MG ZT 260 Owners Group Facebook page:
    "
    Sadly it looks like I'm going to have to sell both my V8's due to we might be moving to a new house (will know for sure in the next few days )
    I will have lots of room for cars in my new house but I need to raise ££££'s to pay towards fees etc as you do .
    2004 MG Ztt 260 se , 153k miles , full history , runs and drives very well and comes with a complete history , in vgc inside and out for its age . Standard as it left the factory .
    2005 Rover 75 V8 , in chatsworth , im su...re everyone knows the story of this one , needs lots of parts and work , but has the following -
    Brand new full engine and gearbox
    New prop
    New diff
    Complete front end inc brakes and suspension looks new too , as does the rear !!
    Has full history including bill of sale from new .
    Will not come with my vortex alloys , I have a set of meteor alloys to fit , if they fit ! ?
    £7000 for both ! That's what they owe me .
    "

Facebook message him, Ricky Bowker, to get his telephone number.

MGrick_1.jpg MGrick2.jpg
    Last edited by David; 30-04-2018 at 09:05 PM.