Rover 75 260

Thread: Rover 75 260

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Many thanks for all the info..I will do some more research..

Sam

Back in 15 James failed to return call once but otherwise has been fairly good. Get impression he don't like time wasters. Questions about his cars have always got fair answers. He has a decent rep on here generally.

Jez Marsh

372 ZTT SE PBT
    M 260 MG

I've bought two cars off James - and have had no issues either time. Recommended.

There's always the "NEW" one at Hursley Hill Garage,near Bristol for £29,995.

What would a fair price be for the Hursley Hill one?

I'm interested in any views on this?!!

Thanks

Paul

Probably a lot less than he will take. Being it has been unused for 12 years it will need to be recommissioned. New tyres and fluids all round. Personally if I was in a position to buy it would offer £18 to £20k.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by paulbailey View Post
    What would a fair price be for the Hursley Hill one?

I'm interested in any views on this?!!

Thanks

Paul
    OK, so what is "fair" anyway?
    Is it worth it?

Well if 'worth' is making a profit, then probably not. The only important factors are the facts that it is "new" and almost no miles on the clock.
    6 months down the road it becomes a low mileage car. Period. Worth a lot? Yes, most certainly. 30K? Most certainly not.

If the pleasure of owning one is what you mean, then probably not either; mine cost a bit over 3.5k pounds (OK, I was very lucky!), but I have EXACTLY the same pleasure for 1/10th of that amount. 1/4 or so would give you that same pleasure. OK, maybe some bills on the way, but not 30K!

If the Lotto threw the money into my lap tomorrow, would I consider it? Probably 'yes', even though it makes no sense at all, 'cept it's not a left-hooker, so 'no' on that count too.

David
    Last edited by David; 19-11-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks for the feedback. I am retired and own a P5b and Mk1 ZT 260. The P5b has only 73k on the clock and I am the second owner. The ZT has 116k on the clock and I am first owner (I paid £25k for it in 2004 as the Mk2 had come out and they wanted to get it off stock). I am just worried that something new will go pop on a long journey with the ZT. As Steve says the Rover 75 would need a fair bit of work for it to be treated as a new car, so why are they asking so much money, have they had it in stock for 8 years? so, what is their motivation??

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    Still for sale. It has to be worth a punt...
    I know Andy Greenhalgh (AndyG) and one or two others have had a crack at talking them down. If I'm to believe what has been posted here, 25K was the last offer I heard that someone tried and was 'told where to go'.

What's a fair price? No way of saying; it's unique with almost no miles. Only thing is if you use it and enjoy it won't stay like that, as neither will the price it could command in the future, in fact pretty quickly. So it all depends if you are into 'stamp-collecting', or owning a car for driving, I suppose!

David
    Last edited by David; 06-01-2019 at 10:15 PM.