Buying/Installing a Satnav/rear Camera for a Rover 75 Tourer SE

Thread: Buying/Installing a Satnav/rear Camera for a Rover 75 Tourer SE

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Joel,

I recently installed a Comet unit on my tourer from "Radioguy" that Nich mentioned complete with front and rear cameras. So far it has performed faultlessly, much better than an old Navall unit that I had. I have always found the support from Sean (Radioguy) to be good and the supplied loom is compatible with 75/ZT's including steering controls, there is advice on his website to ensure you get the right connectors to suit your cars ICE options.

Rear camera fits neatly under the tailgate handle and above the number plate, works well and automatically selects and mutes radio when reverse selected. Front camera from this supplier is fairly basic but works ok and integrates with app supplied with unit. The App itself is pretty basic but can possibly be upgraded, but it records speed and location along with the video.

As Jez says installation is fairly straightforward and there is plenty of advice on the 75 ZT OC site. The hardest part is threading the reverse camera wire through the rubber flex conduit between tailgate and roof lining, but OK if patient and have access to wifes smallest knitting needle to thread the wire through!.

If you go for a unit from Radioguy (other suppliers available) they are distributed via a guy in Clacton on Sea ("Coolcat" on the 75ZT OC site) who will do a full installation if required, but you will find plenty of support if needed if you do it yourself.

Mike
    Last edited by Burwell Mike; 05-11-2017 at 10:12 AM. Reason: typo