Buying/Installing a Satnav/rear Camera for a Rover 75 Tourer SE

Thread: Buying/Installing a Satnav/rear Camera for a Rover 75 Tourer SE

Question Buying/Installing a Satnav/rear Camera for a Rover 75 Tourer SE

Hi All,

I have decided to spend a little money putting some more up to date tech into my car. I have found what I think might be a good system as a sat nav and includes a rear view camera (I feel this is important as I reverse over a busy footpath to park in my drive. (Also the parking sensors stopped working some time ago)

The system I thought might work is this :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Stere...19.m1438.l2649

Would be great to hear from anyone that has any other suggestions or experience in installing such a system. I was hoping to do the installation myself or at least choosing a system that was a minimal instal process.

Thanks for your help!!

J )

Welcome along Joel. If you get your questionnaire back to Tim and get full access to the site there is a lot of information regarding upgrades to the Hi Line system. Most replacement units come from Sean (aka Radioguy) on the 75/ZT OC forum here:

http://75andzt.com/index.php?route=common/home

What car have you got? What are the last three digits of your VIN? Any photos?

Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

Looks like an older version of Navall. Is it android or windows. Get former. If camera has got two long plastic arms don't use. My ztr has a near camera only just under tailgate handle cost abot £20 on eBay.

Have photos somewhere. Fitting not too bad if you have trim tools and go gently. Knowing your wires ans tge order of removal of tge centre column faceplates helps. All on our fora in detail.

Good luck. It should taye a dash cam as well if you want a fixed one at almost no money as well.
    Good hunting.

Jez Marsh

372 ZTT SE PBT
    M 260 MG

Hi Joel,

I recently installed a Comet unit on my tourer from "Radioguy" that Nich mentioned complete with front and rear cameras. So far it has performed faultlessly, much better than an old Navall unit that I had. I have always found the support from Sean (Radioguy) to be good and the supplied loom is compatible with 75/ZT's including steering controls, there is advice on his website to ensure you get the right connectors to suit your cars ICE options.

Rear camera fits neatly under the tailgate handle and above the number plate, works well and automatically selects and mutes radio when reverse selected. Front camera from this supplier is fairly basic but works ok and integrates with app supplied with unit. The App itself is pretty basic but can possibly be upgraded, but it records speed and location along with the video.

As Jez says installation is fairly straightforward and there is plenty of advice on the 75 ZT OC site. The hardest part is threading the reverse camera wire through the rubber flex conduit between tailgate and roof lining, but OK if patient and have access to wifes smallest knitting needle to thread the wire through!.

If you go for a unit from Radioguy (other suppliers available) they are distributed via a guy in Clacton on Sea ("Coolcat" on the 75ZT OC site) who will do a full installation if required, but you will find plenty of support if needed if you do it yourself.

Mike
    Last edited by Burwell Mike; 05-11-2017 at 11:12 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Burwell Mike View Post
    ... The hardest part is threading the reverse camera through the rubber flex conduit between tailgate and roof lining ...
    For what its worth, Nick at Austin's, in his account of how to fit a camera, says this " ...The harness runs through the RH tailgate washer tube gaiter ; the LH one already has too much harness bulk used here...."

The unit he was fitting, several years ago now, was a BMW BM54 (Becker) / Mk4 DVD / 16:9 Boardmonitor, but you may still find something useful if you read his "Featured Car" page here: http://www.austingarages.co.uk/featured_car.html

David
    Last edited by David; 05-11-2017 at 12:14 PM.

There is a whole library full of info. in 'Forum / Technical / In Car Entertainment' too, Joel.
    Maybe too much; information overload! But if you have a specific question, you can often find the answer there by browsing through.

Best get your questionnaire back in and "go green" ASAP to get all the benefits of the myriad words of wisdom in the forum !

David
    Last edited by David; 05-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burwell Mike View Post
    If you go for a unit from Radioguy (other suppliers available) they are distributed via a guy in Clacton on Sea ("Coolcat" on the 75ZT OC site) who will do a full installation if required, but you will find plenty of support if needed if you do it yourself.

Mike
    Jeff (Coolcat) is no longer a trader on the 75/ZT site, I don't think he does installations any more but I dare say he'd still be happy to give advice etc.
    Steve
    #243 Pearl Black

T4 Location Map

I noticed Jeff's post as well. Joel if you contact Sean (radioguy) he can suggest installers for you.

Quote Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
    Jeff (Coolcat) is no longer a trader on the 75/ZT site, I don't think he does installations any more but I dare say he'd still be happy to give advice etc.
    Also welcome along and now you are green should be able to see the other bits and bobs on the site. Good to get another R75 V8 Tourer on board.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.