Greetings to all!
This friday i purchased my first MG, one that has been on my bucket list for many years. I was searching for a general new car, and was very surprised to find a V8 for sale in Finland. Car looked fundamentally ok, though rather neglected. Ran fine with the exception of warped front discs.
There was no history with the car, but i took a chance because ive always wanted one, and i believe i got a fair price. Im a mechanical engineer so not scared of a bit of work.
Drove her 400km home with no problems. Not as thirsty as my last Ford 4.6, a 95 Tbird.
First thing to the carwash where she promptly leaked like a sieve, both footwells and from inside the dash. A bit of water through the head lining too pulling away. Got home and the left headlight wouldnt turn off.
obviously not thrilled.
I stripped the light switch unit and hairdryed it, went back in fine.
Read online about the sunroof drains so bought some nozzles to join the tubes, spent 4 hours last night taking interior apart and sorting the drains, thats a poor feature! However, its rained all day and the car is dry so i think we got it. Bit concerned about water coming through the headlining though, is that from the drains backing up? The carpet underside is damp but not sodden or wet so we'll give the previous owner the benefit of the doubt as hes always garaged it and not driven in the rain. Perhaps thats why....
Driving home today the battery light has flickered a little, once every 30secs roughly and on for just a nanosecond. Any thoughts on that?
so fundamentally a fine car with a few niggles to iron out.
I shall be driving it occasionally through a Finnish winter so stay tuned for that!
I'd be especially interested in hearing from any Nordic owners for cold weather tips, and ive filled out the Questionnaire, will that get me into the Online shop?

Many thanks.