Correct oil for 260? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Correct oil for 260?

Id agree with the "useless" MGOC in some respects, but the MOST useful part is that your insurance HALVES in cost when a member, so its a no-brainer really

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Id agree with the "useless" MGOC in some respects,
    As a matter of interest what would you want the club to do make it better?

We have the same discussion in the Jensen owners club, members say they want pub meets so they are arranged and 3 people turn up, we arrange a weekend get together and it is the wrong location, we organise a technical day and some people turn up with broken cars expecting the get them repaired for nothing.

Steve

I refer to my original thread on this subject:

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...highlight=MGOC

The point I made then and now is that all the information provided in this excellent forum could be had for a lot less money per member if it were not provided as part of membership of MGOC. If people wanted to join MGOC as well then that would be their choice. I wouldn't. That's all.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
    As a matter of interest what would you want the club to do make it better?

We have the same discussion in the Jensen owners club, members say they want pub meets so they are arranged and 3 people turn up, we arrange a weekend get together and it is the wrong location, we organise a technical day and some people turn up with broken cars expecting the get them repaired for nothing.

Steve
    A broken Jensen. That must be either a conspiracy theory/eighth wonder of the world or damn right lies.

Kev

No.146 Zt260 SE

Actually my Jensen Healey has proved pretty reliable during my period of ownership with only a failed coil to blot its record. So much so that we took her on a couple of trips to Spain on the ferry to Santander and had a fantastic time. PVC seat covers could prove to be a bit hot in the sunshine though!!

Jensen Intercepter Mk3.......my first introduction into American V8's. Dad had one in the late 80's. A fantastic car. Fantastic car, great looks, comfortable, ice cold AC, went like stink and would stop on a penny. And the sound...... Not a great handling car but that wasn't what it was for. He used to drive from Oxford to Edinburgh in it regularly. Never missed a beat. Think it had the Carter carb on it still too. Only spare part he used to have to carry was the ceramic ballast resistor for the ignition. Used to get through one every few months. If the garage and wallet was big enough there would be one next to my 260 for sure. Great choice Steve.

No.146 Zt260 SE

Had my name on the list for a new S-V8 when the brand was re-launched on the 2000's. Got to know many of the people behind the project quite well and attended the official 'launch' at Speke. Sadly the project went belly up long before my build number came up. Just goes to show how difficult it is to get a new car off the ground from scratch and build sufficient numbers to recover the huge design and development costs.
    Andrew.