Related posts/information about cars For Sale.

Thread: Related posts/information about cars For Sale.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Additional info. about VIN #538

Regarding https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...378#post182378

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    25/04/2018 France

2004 MG ZT-T LHD, Firefrost?, 65,000km, Euro 17,000, VIN #538?
    http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1399098692.htm/

Attachment 10136
    This car has been for sale for a few weeks now, I was given the information before it it was actually advertised and had a chat with the owner who asked me what a decent valuation would be.
    It is Firefrost red, and was the only ZT-T 260 ever imported in France by the French subsidiary (and for that matter, one that was never sold to an end-customer). Was used as press/demo car and registered to MGR France. It's the car that was heavily pictured, alongside a Starlight silver saloon, in the French MGR press kit for the 260s (pictures are available here in the gallery). Suffered an engine failure at 12,000 kms when being demoed, the driver shifted from 5th to 3rd while driving on the subway. Has brand new engine/transmission fitted afterwards. Was sold to a former MGR France director when MGR collapsed, who sold it a year later to the current owner, a friend of his.
    Bodywork is not perfect, on the rear tailgate for instance which has a bit of damage to the lower, bumper area finisher. The gear gaiter is also weird-looking as it doesn't look anything like what it should. I suspect it got broken up when they did the engine/transmission change and created one of their own out of plywood as they couldn't source an original one.
    The satnav drive suffered from water leaks and has been removed. I guess all Tourers do, mine has identical leaks...
    Last edited by David; 25-04-2018 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Link back to original "Complete List ..." added

Quote Originally Posted by scoubix View Post
    ... the driver shifted from 5th to 3rd while driving on the subway...
    The mind boggles ...

subway.jpg