error code P0175

Thread: error code P0175

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by rob plumpton View Post
    Hi Steve, thanks for the info. The Forte products are good I use the diesel treatment in my defender and find it works. Will take the plugs out and check condition then check coil packs.

On a different note what grade petrol to use premium or just the standard, do these engines have a preference ?

Thanks Rob.
    I just use the regular 95 fuel, Rob, as I understand that is what the engine is set up to use.

I'll try your Forte tip too, Steve. Not that I have noticed any problems but can't do any harm I guess. I'm getting a bit paranoid about the nearly 330k kms she has on clock now and a bit of cosseting and preventative maintenance wouldn't go amiss!

I took your MSD COP's tip of a few months back on-board too, since I'm on the originals; factory Ford/MGR yellow felt-tip check marks on 7 of the eight ! Paid Euro 254 for the MSD's from the Dutch dealer, all-in delivered to the door. Not too bad. Got the new thermostat too (see, we do all listen!). All waiting to be fitted when I clean 330k of crud off the motor.

(Back to the thread : ) Best of luck with your rich running problem, Rob. Hope the injector cleaner helps.

David
    Last edited by David; 02-03-2017 at 08:24 PM.

No.146 Zt260 SE

A couple of summers ago I had a message 'CHECK ENGINE' appear in the message centre after I collected No.146 from a long layup whilst subframe was replaced and other bits and pieces. Having driven gingerly home I looked under the bonnet, checked fluids etc. the engine seemed to be running fine. I began to wonder whether the long layup was causing the message (condensation etc.) so my solution was to disconnect the battery, leave for a few hours and then reconnect. The warning message had gone and has not reappeared. It may not be a solution in your case as the message has reappeared after being cleared but it might be worth a try.

Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by essexandy View Post
    A couple of summers ago I had a message 'CHECK ENGINE' appear in the message centre after I collected No.146 from a long layup whilst subframe was replaced and other bits and pieces. Having driven gingerly home I looked under the bonnet, checked fluids etc. the engine seemed to be running fine. I began to wonder whether the long layup was causing the message (condensation etc.) so my solution was to disconnect the battery, leave for a few hours and then reconnect. The warning message had gone and has not reappeared. It may not be a solution in your case as the message has reappeared after being cleared but it might be worth a try.

Andrew.
    Worth a try. You may be lucky; no-cost option.
    In your case Andrew, I suspect that maybe some old fuel, going 'waxy' from the lay-up, clogged an injector causing it to be too open or closed, which cleared itself?

On reflection that makes your problem, Rob, similar perhaps since you "hadn't used it for a while". Don't take it lightly though, as Peter/'Harrygsi' did when an injector self-destructed which fire-hosed fuel into the engine and wrecked it!
    See: https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...t=hydrolocking

David
    Last edited by David; 04-03-2017 at 11:42 AM.