V88 mfs owner on here?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: V88 mfs owner on here??

The search is really doing my head in!! Iv had a few pm's from a couple of people for cars around the 10k region which makes me think i may as well put a little more into the kitty and put the vxr8 into the mix. Im in no rush but when my wife was in uni we had no money and there always seemed to be a few well priced cars for sale, no shes in work and im able to buy peolple are holding on to there v8 beasts. Ah well. Keep looking. I will have a v8. It MUST happen.

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Seller is in dreamland setting a reserve that high on a poverty spec car.
    The idea of a 260 with no Xenons is literally criminal.

I still think I have the best reg plate btw.....

V260 MG !!!

spoke to the owner he wants £7500. The car is completely original. Not even the heating pipes have been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by cranepete View Post
    ... Not even the heating pipes have been changed.
    ... that's a pity

David

spoke to the owner he wants £7500. The car is completely original ...
    Isn't that an OK deal in the current market place for an original car with that mileage ??????????

David

I don't think £7500 is that bad for a low mileage example. Shame about the non SE spec. At least it wont have traction control.

I know when I was looking for my ZTT 260 I looked at several and they were either crazy money or frankly only a few miles off a lot of money needing to be spent. One black one I looked at was well past its best, a very dubious MOT history with an odd jump down in miles on its second MOT and was an insurance write off. The owner wanted £10k and it sold the day after I looked at it. I missed a lovely Red one, less that 20k miles and the buyer bought it on the phone without even looking at it apparently.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
    ... the buyer bought it on the phone without even looking at it apparently.
    Like I did with 'Olive'. At 3.5k pounds, I thought I couldn't go wrong. Cash transfer within 5 minutes of the posting on the Internet!
    She's got a huge mileage under the belt, but looks and drives like new. 1k on 4 shocks + springs, A/C pump and alternator and nothing more needs doing.

I bought her to tinker on in my retirement, but I just have to drive her instead for a hobby

So, I NEVER regretted it, but in the general sense its not perhaps a wise tactic!

David
    Last edited by David; 17-12-2016 at 02:29 PM.

I got burned with the last car i bought a mercedes ml the transmission failed a few days after i bought it, it had been bodged just to last. Luckily i was able to remove and rebuild myself and it only cost me a few hundred in parts but if it was someone who is not good with spanners they would be looking at a very big repair bill. Im super cautious now. I could not sell a car to someone knowing there is a problem and lie to people. I wouldnt sleep at night. If i look at the past mot ect and what the seller says dont add up il walk away. At the same time if i spoke to a seller and they said its very good but the diff whines when warm that would not bother me in the slightest. Id be quite happy to pull the diff and rebuild it. Just hate devious lying scammers trying to palm off there rubbish for good money.

Just hate devious lying scammers trying to palm off there rubbish for good money.
    Try sell me a car with stone-chips and a dirty engine and I would be more interested, if you know what I mean.

David

Totally, rather have somthing thats been used than parked up for months. There are honest people out there i dont want to turn into one of my friends whos a copper who wouldnt belive you if you told him tomorrow was sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Isn't that an OK deal in the current market place for an original car with that mileage ??????????

David
    I think your right but if you read the mot history it may need a new subframe ect in the near future. By the sounds of it its been plasterd with wax oil and any problems will be hidden untill i get it home and put it on my 2 poster. Ip pay more than the 7.5k for the right car if i have to. I just dont want to buy a car and end up spending £££ getting it right when i know eventually someone maybe off this forum will put there well cared for v8 baby up for sale. Maybe im being to picky.