V88 mfs owner on here??
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V88 mfs owner on here??

Default V88 mfs owner on here??

Is the owner of the blue zt 260 on here thats currently for sale on ebay? Id like your phone number if possible. Cheers P

Nice car, albeit poverty spec, nice colour (Trophy Blue I'd say) & nice mileage.

At £6201.00 with just under 2 days left to go & reserve not met, it'll be interesting to see if it actually sells.

Have you tried to contact the seller via the 'ask a question' option?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-MGZT-...IAAOSw3xJXoc09

A colourful MOT history - check here:

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
    Last edited by mh007; 15-12-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Contacted seller. Sounds a very nice guy but a few things for me didnt quite add up. Im going on sat to look at a black 260 that needs a little tlc but has some nice mods already done to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mh007 View Post

A colourful MOT history - check here:

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
    Agreed but no worse than a lot of vehicles, I have seen such reports and when I have been to look at the car it was imaculate. Some Testers these days seem to be a bit over the top with there reports but I suppose they do it to protect them selves.

I wonder what the reserve is? I know these cars are rare but there perceived value seems to be getting higher.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Jez Marsh

372 ZTT SE PBT
    M 260 MG

As a mechanic i have one job i really really really hate and refuse to do and thats brake pipes!! The mot history states that it was starting to suffer from corroded brake pipes BUT this years mot stated it has been so heavily undersealed that it was difficult to asses. Spoke to the owner and he said to his knowlage the pipes have not been replaced. Thats me out. It may be trivial but just the way i am. Just incase you think im a bad car mechanic i fix cranes that have rubber not copper brake pipes that i dont mind doing!

I've replaced the rear brake pipes on mine and I'd say it was much, much easier than doing the same job on a Rover 45. They thoughtfully provided joints on the 260, in both pipes, just below the centre console. Makes replacing the rear pipes which are (in my opinion) the ones which corrode, a doddle. The one on the offside cannot follow exactly the same route as the original unless you remove the fuel tank, because there is an infuriatingly-inaccessible clip up there above the tank, but I've got mine close enough and secure. I put new hoses on at the same time.

Andrew

Seller is in dreamland setting a reserve that high on a poverty spec car.
    The idea of a 260 with no Xenons is literally criminal.

I still think I have the best reg plate btw.....

V260 MG !!!

Maybe he is but it they are not making any more of them. It will be interesting to see how high it goes in the usual last few seconds as normally happens on the bay of plenty.

It was not that long ago you could buy a very nice big engine Capri with low miles for a couple of months wages but now that same car will be a years wages for a lot of people.

As far as the Xenons go they can be retro fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Seller is in dreamland setting a reserve that high on a poverty spec car.
    The idea of a 260 with no Xenons is literally criminal.

I still think I have the best reg plate btw.....

V260 MG !!!
    Well, more power to his elbow! Prices do appear to be going up. Whether its a trend or the start of a 'south-sea-bubble' only time will tell. Suites me since I've got one already, albeit an even rarer(!) LHD R75V8. Not so good for those looking to find one.

SE/none SE? Majority of the differences can be retro-fitted, at a price, if you want to and think it worthwhile, including Xenons.

It certainly will be interesting to see what it goes for in the end, if we can ever find out!. 'Supply and demand', and there ain't more supply expected

David
    Last edited by David; 17-12-2016 at 12:48 PM.