Hi from me - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from me

Quote Originally Posted by pete260 View Post
    Hi Harry,as Jez says for a well sorted car that price is about right,i do not know the car others on here may do, might be worth emailing the seller for the last 3 numbers of the vin and posting them on here,as with any limited made vehicle some parts can be harder to get and very expensive so by buying cheaper is not always the way to go.I am not saying everything is spot on with that car It needs checking over very carefully if you are thinking of proceeding,where abouts in the country are you?
    Thanks Pete, thats the sort of money I was thinking of spending but obviously want to make sure that I get one that's been looked after and had work done at that price, it's the most I will have ever spent on a car so I want to really make sure I get a decent one that will give me fun.

I'm based in Norfolk so not very close to anywhere.

Hi Harry,i do not pretend to be an expert on these cars but learning all the time,thats why this forum is so good I cannot recall any topic where people have been negative to each other not like some other forums,i am sure when you find a car you want to look at you will get plenty of members offering sound advice and what to look for,infact I have seen members offer to look at cars for others especially if they are a long way from your home.Good luck with your car search.

Quote Originally Posted by pete260 View Post
    Hi Harry,i do not pretend to be an expert on these cars but learning all the time,thats why this forum is so good I cannot recall any topic where people have been negative to each other not like some other forums,i am sure when you find a car you want to look at you will get plenty of members offering sound advice and what to look for,infact I have seen members offer to look at cars for others especially if they are a long way from your home.Good luck with your car search.

It seems like a great great place from what I've seen already.

Can anyone tell me if the flip paint on the 260 currently on eBay is original? I have read some sites saying they didn't do 260s in the flip paint and others that say they did.

I messages the seller who sounds quite quite genuine and he says it's had a new AC compressor, new rear springs and a rear brake overhaul, he didn't know if the rear axle oil or gearbox oil had been done.
    its in Bournemouth which is over 200 miles from me so it's a difficult one, it's bidding at the moment, is be tempted if the price was right but as you said earlier it's worth finding the right one.

The only mod id be looking to do would be the X power exhausts.

Think vin 143.
    The thread's suggest may have been trophy blue resprayed by someone who paints good cars but in a non original MGR flip colour.

If threads are correct about colour then it would harm value to a collector looking for original spec cars. As a driving machine that looks good its fine. Imho.

Jez Marsh

372 ZTT SE PBT
    M 260 MG

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Marsh View Post
    Think vin 143.
    The thread's suggest may have been trophy blue resprayed by someone who paints good cars but in a non original MGR flip colour.

If threads are correct about colour then it would harm value to a collector looking for original spec cars. As a driving machine that looks good its fine. Imho.
    Maybe someone could check the database for the original colour? On the basis of a final VIN numbers you could pretty well deduce the whole vehicle code-number and go to the production data webpage!

David

Hi Harry and welcome. There is a 260 saloon for sale on the car and classic website it looks like a good car low mileage x power grey 18500 miles and seems to be a standard non modified car and looking for around 10k might be worth a look good luck �� Rob
    ZT260 #307

Hi Harry,

Build Records for 143 show that the colour is Spectre (Chromactive). There were 3 V8ZT's and 1 ZTT in this colour. It is described as a Lilac with Blue and grey travel.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Burwell Mike View Post
    Hi Harry,

Build Records for 143 show that the colour is Spectre (Chromactive). There were 3 V8ZT's and 1 ZTT in this colour. It is described as a Lilac with Blue and grey travel.

Mike

Hey Mike, thank you for checking, so that means it is in original colour? Chromactive is the flip colour paint from memory?

Its sounding more tempting

No problem Harry. Certainly looks like it is original if the car is 143. The build date was 2/12/2003 which ties up with the first registration date. I think these colours were variously called Monogram, Chromactive and flip.

Good luck with your search and hope you will be enjoying a 260 soon.

Mike

According to the blurb, Monogram colours could be grouped into :
    "Chromescent, Chromactive, Kinetic and Supertallic (Special metallics, micatallics and prearlescent)"

.. so that's really clear now, isn't it

Get your teeth around this:
    http://www.xpowerforums.com/Monogram...your%20car.htm

David
    Last edited by David; 31-10-2016 at 07:10 PM.