Hi from me - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi from me

Quote Originally Posted by harryh733 View Post
    Hey Mike, thank you for checking, so that means it is in original colour? Chromactive is the flip colour paint from memory?

Its sounding more tempting
    no it's not an original colour - there are several threads about this car and I wrote on this very forum about this car last night.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTD View Post
    no it's not an original colour - there are several threads about this car and I wrote on this very forum about this car last night.
    I was quoting from the factory build records which confirm that #143 left the factory in Spectre. (Code IAA).

James Taylors comprehensive work on Rover 75's and ZT's also confirms that 3 V8 ZT's were built in Spectre and a total of 87 V8's in Monogram colours. The eBay picture looks similar to Spectre but very happy to be corrected if it is not, or maybe we are talking about different cars (ie not #143 at all). I also have a copy of the 2004 sales brochure which lists Monogram colours as a factory option (albeit special order).

I guess the only way to be sure is to see what the factory colour code plate says and compare the colour of the car on eBay to other IAA spec (Spectre) MG Rover cars.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTD View Post
    Sorry Steve, I got mixed up on what I had read about what car, my fault for reading posts late at night. So what colour is Spectre? I need to get learning :P

Well there's a guy in Cincinnati who'll flog you a spray-can of Spectre IAA if you like. His site shows what it and most all the other Monogram colours (colors?) look like ... ish ... or not.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/tou...04/all-models/

David

Sorry Steve, I got mixed up on what I had read about what car, my fault for reading posts late at night. So what colour is Spectre? I need to get learning :P
    If you go onto the 75andztclub forum and look in the How-to forum and look in the Bodywork section,the fourth thread down entitled" The many colours of the Rover 75 and MG ZT"will show you photos of the whole selection of colours available including Spectre.

On this Forum have a look in the public section items for sale,then click on "List of MG ZT/ZTT/75 V8s for sale"and look on page 17

Quote Originally Posted by stevenw View Post
    If you go onto the 75andztclub forum and look in the How-to forum and look in the Bodywork section,the fourth thread down entitled" The many colours of the Rover 75 and MG ZT"will show you photos of the whole selection of colours available including Spectre.

On this Forum have a look in the public section items for sale,then click on "List of MG ZT/ZTT/75 V8s for sale"and look on page 17
    Thanks. Interesting and comprehensive!

David

Hi all, still searching and researching.

The monogram one that ends tomorrow on eBay is tempting me, not sure if that's a good thing or not. I know it's had a spray in its life but the car itself really stands out to me, has everything I'd want on it and the colour just looks great to me. My only concern would be that it would be worthless if I came to sell it someday. I'm not bothered about buying overly as an investment, would just want it to hold its value. Am I being stupid or is it potentially a good one to go for?

I saw the link link posted in the for sale section that apparently has more info on the very car, but I can't click it due to being a non paid member. If anyone could give me some insight that would be fab.

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...hlight=channel

Thanks.

As I posted my last reply it disappeared off eBay. Damn

Private Message sent.

Ex-Mod, RIP

, but I can't click it due to being a non paid member. If anyone could give me some insight that would be fab.
    There is no payment (to the forum) involved in becoming a green member, Just own a 260/75V8 and be a member of MGOC and you are in
    Last edited by AndyG; 07-11-2016 at 06:59 PM.
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple