Hi from me

Thread: Hi from me

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You'll also find them for sale on here by owners who have cherished them so you won't get one that's been abused, only thing different from stock on ours is the xpower exhausts. They always put a smile on my face and i always look forward to driving it

Ice units get changed as I did but bolt reversible and have originals.
    The 9k car fairly priced if all the common faults sorted. Watch the wheels. Think a lot have the v6 wheels. Good hunting.

Jez Marsh

372 ZTT SE PBT
    M 260 MG

Hi Harry,as Jez says for a well sorted car that price is about right,i do not know the car others on here may do, might be worth emailing the seller for the last 3 numbers of the vin and posting them on here,as with any limited made vehicle some parts can be harder to get and very expensive so by buying cheaper is not always the way to go.I am not saying everything is spot on with that car It needs checking over very carefully if you are thinking of proceeding,where abouts in the country are you?

Quote Originally Posted by pete260 View Post
    Hi Harry,as Jez says for a well sorted car that price is about right,i do not know the car others on here may do, might be worth emailing the seller for the last 3 numbers of the vin and posting them on here,as with any limited made vehicle some parts can be harder to get and very expensive so by buying cheaper is not always the way to go.I am not saying everything is spot on with that car It needs checking over very carefully if you are thinking of proceeding,where abouts in the country are you?
    Thanks Pete, thats the sort of money I was thinking of spending but obviously want to make sure that I get one that's been looked after and had work done at that price, it's the most I will have ever spent on a car so I want to really make sure I get a decent one that will give me fun.

I'm based in Norfolk so not very close to anywhere.

Hi Harry,i do not pretend to be an expert on these cars but learning all the time,thats why this forum is so good I cannot recall any topic where people have been negative to each other not like some other forums,i am sure when you find a car you want to look at you will get plenty of members offering sound advice and what to look for,infact I have seen members offer to look at cars for others especially if they are a long way from your home.Good luck with your car search.

Quote Originally Posted by pete260 View Post
    Hi Harry,i do not pretend to be an expert on these cars but learning all the time,thats why this forum is so good I cannot recall any topic where people have been negative to each other not like some other forums,i am sure when you find a car you want to look at you will get plenty of members offering sound advice and what to look for,infact I have seen members offer to look at cars for others especially if they are a long way from your home.Good luck with your car search.

It seems like a great great place from what I've seen already.

Can anyone tell me if the flip paint on the 260 currently on eBay is original? I have read some sites saying they didn't do 260s in the flip paint and others that say they did.

I messages the seller who sounds quite quite genuine and he says it's had a new AC compressor, new rear springs and a rear brake overhaul, he didn't know if the rear axle oil or gearbox oil had been done.
    its in Bournemouth which is over 200 miles from me so it's a difficult one, it's bidding at the moment, is be tempted if the price was right but as you said earlier it's worth finding the right one.

The only mod id be looking to do would be the X power exhausts.

Think vin 143.
    The thread's suggest may have been trophy blue resprayed by someone who paints good cars but in a non original MGR flip colour.

If threads are correct about colour then it would harm value to a collector looking for original spec cars. As a driving machine that looks good its fine. Imho.

Jez Marsh

372 ZTT SE PBT
    M 260 MG