Low mileage 260 or 75 V8 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Low mileage 260 or 75 V8

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by 3disco View Post
    Well worth putting an offer in and prove me wrong,would not be the first time!
    Get a few mates to go in and offer scrap price (£500?)
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

Quote Originally Posted by RattyB View Post
    I can't really see it being worth any more that realistically. You'd have to spend a fortune putting the bodywork right, then there's the lack of service history (a big alarm bell with the V8), followed up by the Cat D marker, which essentially cuts its value in half by default and makes it a royal pain to get insurance for. They've had it for so long I'm sure they'd be pleased to see the back of it.
    As much as I agree with you my guess is they paid more than for it thinking it would go quite quickly due to it being rareish. I am sure they will take an offer after having it in stock so long but I reckon half what it is up for is more realistic.

As a ''buy the way'' where was the damage?

Steve

Front and rear. You could see paint mottling and filler lines under the paint in places. The front grille looked like it was being help together by the power of prayer. I seem to remember the service history didn't start until around 29,000 miles - enough to make any sane person walk away. When I went to look at it, they had taken a £500 deposit from someone about 6 weeks prior to me turning up, and they were happy to sell despite this. Such a shame, it could have been a lovely motor given the mileage.