Low mileage 260 or 75 V8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low mileage 260 or 75 V8

Quote Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
    The fact it has no sold after being for sale for quite a time must mean it is over priced in most people eyes.

I suppose the fact a nice V8 with lowish miles is worth about 10k must make this worth double that as it is undriven technically but as soon as the miles start going on it the value dives.

If he had to sell it I suppose 15k would see it sold quite quickly, what did the Turbo sell for recently with 0 miles? I think that fetched low teens so I suppose this should be 50% more maybe?

Steve
    I think you're probably spot on - I think I'd be willing to give 18 - 20k for a zero miler V8.

The thing is there is kit to consider on a 12 year old vehicle with 20 miles.
    Set of tyres, wiper blades, ac splitter valve as seat seal will have perished. expect some of the other rubber bits to have gone off. electrics may play up on dry joints. Waxoyl the underneath etc, Mice damage to sound proofing, bonnet lining, looms

Could be 2000 to get it on road plus a C service to replace fluids with the diff oil smelling enough to be fatal at 100m! so Steve's about right 20k + / -Sunroof seals, Lovely for a V8.

Jez Marsh

372 ZTT SE PBT
    M 260 MG

Suck it and see, Jez, but I think 2000 is way over the top. Bigger problem is finding out exactly what, if anything, has suffered the ravages of the years.

David

Personally if I was going to buy it I would get the seller to do a full service and fluid change ( including the coolant) on it included in the price and once bought take it to the nearest tyre depot and fit some new tyres all round. By the time you have driven it home you will have found if anything needs doing and probably the drive will do it the world of good. If anything is that bad that you cant drive it there is always the RAC.

Steve

Cars that are not used can develop problems with things such as dampers seals, brake seals, suspension rubbers and even electronics.

I went to have a look at this one back in Sept: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...po226bu&page=2

Sadly it's not a happy bunny. It does have a low mileage of 33k, but that's where the good news ends. Apart from it being a Cat D write off, the accident repairs are poor and very obvious. The service history isn't great either. All in all I would say a fair price for it would be £2K as a donor car. The garage has had it for over a year to my certain knowledge. I'm almost tempted to go back, and stick in a Hail Mary offer just to take it off their hands for the parts alone.

I thought all V8 Rover 75's came with Satnav?

Steve

Good luck with offering £2000 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3disco View Post
    Good luck with offering £2000 for it.
    I can't really see it being worth any more that realistically. You'd have to spend a fortune putting the bodywork right, then there's the lack of service history (a big alarm bell with the V8), followed up by the Cat D marker, which essentially cuts its value in half by default and makes it a royal pain to get insurance for. They've had it for so long I'm sure they'd be pleased to see the back of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RattyB View Post
    I can't really see it being worth any more that realistically. You'd have to spend a fortune putting the bodywork right, then there's the lack of service history (a big alarm bell with the V8), followed up by the Cat D marker, which essentially cuts its value in half by default and makes it a royal pain to get insurance for. They've had it for so long I'm sure they'd be pleased to see the back of it.
    Well worth putting an offer in and prove me wrong,would not be the first time!