Low mileage 260 or 75 V8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Low mileage 260 or 75 V8

Default Low mileage 260 or 75 V8

As the title - WANTED!
    Yes I know I've already got one but.....
    I have a plan!...

Go to Hursley Hill Garage - SMG Rover near Bristol with £29,995 & you can have a 08 Rover V8,Delivery Mileage. Get your Money OUT.

Apparantly it already has a heated front screen !!

Jez Marsh

372 ZTT SE PBT
    M 260 MG

Ha! Unless they drop the price of that to sub-£20k I don't think they'll ever sell it.

Interesting question though - what do we think a zero miles 260/75 V8 is worth?!....

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTD View Post
    Ha! Unless they drop the price of that to sub-£20k I don't think they'll ever sell it.

Interesting question though - what do we think a zero miles 260/75 V8 is worth?!....
    What is "worth"?
    I suppose the price-level you can get consistently on the market-place. Sample of 1 doesn't help though.

But, think about what other even remotely comparable new vehicles you can get. Compare their prices with 29k, and maybe you've got your answer.

Edit: Or think about other 3-year old seriously desirable cars (low mileage) that have already had 75% depreciation you can buy with your 30k.
    ...or buy it and never use it and never make a penny on it, and never enjoy driving it (=stamp collecting).
    ...or buy it, use it, enjoy it, and watch it's value melt away like an ice-cream in the Sahara to around 10k, if your lucky!

Really a non-starter in my mind, even at 20k.

David
    Last edited by David; 26-10-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Hi Steve
    Does my MK1 260SE in Anthracite with 29.5k miles on it qualify as low mileage?? I have it posted for sale on this forum if you are interested

Rgds
    Paul
    'Black Night' - MK 1. ZT260SE, Anthracite, #52

The fact it has no sold after being for sale for quite a time must mean it is over priced in most people eyes.

I suppose the fact a nice V8 with lowish miles is worth about 10k must make this worth double that as it is undriven technically but as soon as the miles start going on it the value dives.

If he had to sell it I suppose 15k would see it sold quite quickly, what did the Turbo sell for recently with 0 miles? I think that fetched low teens so I suppose this should be 50% more maybe?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
    The fact it has no sold after being for sale for quite a time must mean it is over priced in most people eyes.

I suppose the fact a nice V8 with lowish miles is worth about 10k must make this worth double that as it is undriven technically but as soon as the miles start going on it the value dives.

If he had to sell it I suppose 15k would see it sold quite quickly, what did the Turbo sell for recently with 0 miles? I think that fetched low teens so I suppose this should be 50% more maybe?

Steve
    That 1.8T with 3 miles sold for £12,300 at auction if I remember correctly. Which was over the initial estimate...
    So yeah I reckon a 260 with delivery miles could easily sell at 15k.
    1999 2.5 V6 Rover 75 Connoisseur - Dealer Launch - LHD
    2004 4.6 V8 MG ZT-T (the only known auto ZT-T V8) - LHD
    1993 2.7 V6 Rover 827 Coupé - LHD
    1993 Rover 216 GSi
    1975 Rover P6 3500

Quote Originally Posted by scoubix View Post
    That 1.8T with 3 miles sold for £12,300 at auction if I remember correctly. Which was over the initial estimate...
    So yeah I reckon a 260 with delivery miles could easily sell at 15k.
    Yeh, but that's no way 29k+ pounds.
    Like I say IF you buy something like that you have to keep at 0 miles and never use/enjoy it (stamp collecting) in the hope it MAY appreciate, or use it and watch the market value plummet.

For me the choice was easy; my 'Olive' cost 3.5k-ish pounds in super condition, FSH, BUT 200k miles.
    So, I fix what needs to be (not a lot) and enjoy every single day I drive her! I don't think I'll ever lose money anyway.
    With 30k pounds I could buy 8 Olives !!!!
    I know; off-topic, sorry!

David
    Last edited by David; 26-10-2016 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babrat View Post
    Hi Steve
    Does my MK1 260SE in Anthracite with 29.5k miles on it qualify as low mileage?? I have it posted for sale on this forum if you are interested

Rgds
    Paul
    Hi Paul - yes mate, we did talk over PM but yours is too expensive for me unfortunately - looks a beauty though!!