General impressions and questions from a non-owner - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: General impressions and questions from a non-owner

Thanks SJR - good old government, always messing the people about!

Anyway I hope to meet a few members at POL and have a good chat about 260 ownership (and if anyone does have an Lpg car there, I woul​d be REALLY interested to have a look)

Andrew
    Last edited by YorksMG2016; 08-04-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Shot Silk & Supercharged

Trikey has a LPG converted car for sale, the mileage is high (sorry!) but a lovely car to drive.

Having had two 260's converted I think I can offer my opinions on that subject, first I converted both cars as they were my daily drivers and I hit c30,000 miles a year and it just made sense, it is a bit silly to suggest on V8 forum to go and get a fiesta diesel instead.

On the subject of availability etc you need to check if you have any garages locally that sell the stuff but when travelling you need to plan ahead to see where you can fill up. Other systems may be able to do the same but I used a free phone based sat nav called Waze, you can set it for LPG and it will show you where you can fill up on your route and the prices.

Also while there may be LPG garages locally you need to check what systems they deal with, there are many systems and most garages will only deal with one or two.

Thanks ksilver

I have driven Trikey's silver 260 twice recently (I was lucky enough to have it as a courtesy car whilst my ZT190 was having work done by Andy).
    Although that car is not for me (I have a hankering for a Mk.1 in some flavour of blue) it did stir an interest in becoming a 260 owner.
    I will be chatting to some of the 260s at POL and my be joining the brotherhood in a month or so if my plans work out (dependent of course on finding a car which ticks most of my boxes!)

Andrew