General impressions and questions from a non-owner

Thread: General impressions and questions from a non-owner

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ken B View Post
    Made me laugh that, 23 is not a figure im used to around town, winter use you'll be lucky to get 17. On a run possibly. I get 170 miles full to empty town driving short runs and 280 miles on a decent long run although my first 260 gave me 310 on a long run. But i love driving it the sound is intoxicating smiles per mile your looking at thousands ☺
    On a 1000 mile trip up and down to Nick at Austin's did 22.5 out and 21 back (battle with a few Belgians). 90% motorway at the legal limit +5% on cruise. (Bit too much for the froggie-fuzz; must pay that euro-45 bill for 91kph instead of 90!).

... I guess I get about 15, no better, on my cold-engine start, 8mile+8mile daily commute in the winter. An average of 17-20 sounds about right for normal usage? Best I have EVER got was 25 on cruise at 60mph, sea-level, flat road, no passengers or luggage, air temp 15c., 990 mBar and around 90% humidity. Boring.

Better than my 5.3 XJ12L which was 1/1 (in litre/km terms = 2.35 mpg) on the 3 mile winter school-runs in the village ! Hummers are better!

David
    Last edited by David; 29-03-2016 at 08:28 PM.