ZT-T 260 2004 89500 miles - Auction - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ZT-T 260 2004 89500 miles - Auction

Quote Originally Posted by The Gas Man View Post
    I really get annoyed when insurance company's right off a perfectly good vehicle, all this c**p about saving the planet when a day's work would put a car like this back on the road (and keep someone employed). I'm surprised the 'green brigade' don't bang on more about this insurance scam! Scrap yards are full of perfectly good cars being crushed. These 260's are are a 'very' rare commodity, and must be saved! I love being a grumpy old man!��
    Yes i must agree, id rather see a car repaired or the owner at least given the option.

3k still think its a 3.5+ car

The insurance have agreed not to write it off. They are just going to give me a cash payout for their estimate of the damage and let me keep the car. So I have the choice to fix it myself or sell. I'm selling! So someone nice take it off my hands and return it to its former glory please

Quote Originally Posted by VXman View Post
    The insurance have agreed not to write it off. They are just going to give me a cash payout for their estimate of the damage and let me keep the car. So I have the choice to fix it myself or sell. I'm selling! So someone nice take it off my hands and return it to its former glory please
    That means it shouldnt be on the catC / catD list then

Does the abs light only come on, if you go above 56mph?

I think this will be the standard problem with the Bosch 5.7 unit. It gets heat soak and will be fine while cold then stop working after maybe 10 mins of so, the speedo also stops with it.

It is a well known issue on cars with this Bosch unit (BMW) etc there is a detailed thread on here I think. If it has not gone to far it can be fixed, the issue for us is that the software is MG/Rover V8 specific and no-one has it I believe. So buying a new or used 5.7 unit off ebay off another car will not work long term with our car, so your 260 one needs to be fixed.

4k+ and it keeps going up

ABS - I think it happens below 56mph and it doesn't effect the speedo.
    Cat D status has been removed.

I would think it is more likely that the ABS has a sensor/wire connection problem. I have seen a few high mileage cars have problems with the reluctor ring on the drive shafts rusting.