#185 For Sale

Thread: #185 For Sale

Default #185 For Sale

I have decided to sell the car which I bought from Dominic (who rescued the car) 18 months ago. There will be many people in the club who know far more about the car than me.

Anyway, out of courtesy I thought I ought to write this post to let club members know that I have now listed the car in Autotrader. Whilst in Dominic's ownership it had a new engine, gearbox and front and rear suspension sub-assemblies fitted by Nick at Austin Garages. Also fitted were a new exhaust system, handbrake and compensator, brake pipes, condenser, new powder coated rear subframe, windscreen, battery. The discs and pads are all new, and the front pads were changed (although the existing standard ones were new) on recommendation from Austin Garages. The heater valve was changed as the original leaked.

The advert can be seen at http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge=1&logcode=p .

The asking price of £8500 doesn't cover the cost of the work that has been done to the car plus the parts that have been fitted to it.

I am having to move house into rented accommodation, but in the fullness of time will look to buy another V8.

Regards,

Phil.

Power to you Phil. Good luck.

Jez Marsh

372 ZTT SE PBT
    M 260 MG

Thanks Jez. Much appreciated.

Fantastic looking car! [rummages round to check lottery ticket]

Thank you. Most of the mechanical work was done before I bought it, but I've also spent a fair amount on the finishing touches.

Good write up on the advert Phil, shows you know the car, pity you want to sell.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Thanks Tim. A change in personal circumstances dictates that I do need to sell the car now, which is a shame. Dominic organised the majority of the work that was carried out on the car, and he was helpful in giving me an understanding of some of the car's past. Despite wanting to sell the car, I do hope to own another V8 one day.

185 would have been from what i researched the first Rover 75 V8. The engine and box were removed from 007 the first ZT auto V8 and Put into 185

Thanks for that very interesting fact! I might update my advert to include it.