FOR SALE - MG ZT260 SE (Ex Richard Monk / Ian Quarrington Car No. 125)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOR SALE - MG ZT260 SE (Ex Richard Monk / Ian Quarrington Car No. 125)

Default FOR SALE - MG ZT260 SE (Ex Richard Monk / Ian Quarrington Car No. 125)

Hi All;

With much regret and after a really difficult divorce,last year, I have come to the conclusion that my ZT260 Saloon is to be sold....as its simply not being used enough to justify its keep and I also fancy a "new start".

Anyone who knows me will know that im a "die-in-the-wool" MG buff (Currently events coordinator for MG Car Club SE) and I am still keeping my mint MGFVVC.

The car has also some provenance, being previously owned from new by Richard Monk for 7 years (MGOC Co-founder & Current General manager of MGOC) & original bill of sale...before being sold onto his friend Ian Quarrington "Ianq" (Current MG Car Club director) ...before I purchased it 3 years ago.

Loads of receipts / bills / Service stamps etc.

I have just spent £1400 at MGOC workshop (March 2015) having a complete new rear subframe fitted; New brake pipes and a FULL MGOC workshop service ...aswell as a new MOT issued to April 2016.

The car is now A1 ...and im NOT in a desperate hurry to sell, as the summer season has just started...But now is the time to advertise...Hence its 1st advert,here.
    (It is currently entered for the MG Regency run on May 10th)

Advert reads :-

A VERY rare 2003 (Registered 2004) MGZT260 (& More desirable! SE Mk1),Rear wheel drive, 4.6 Litre Ford Mustang powered MGZT260 (260bhp)

Impeccacble service and condition.
    This car needs nothing and ready to enjoy.

79,000 miles from new
    New MOT to April 2016 / Always Garaged & Show use ONLY
    "Starlight silver" with standard Apex alloys (in shadow chrome) & full sized SPARE (also included)

Full MG/Rover & MGOC service history from new.
    Original bill of sale & all original MGOC workshop bills & Service book stamped every year.

MG Enthusiast Owned, from new
    Formally owned from new, for 7 years, by Richard Monk (Co-MGOC founder & Current General Manager of MGOC)
    And then Ian Quarrington (Current MG Car Club Director)
    And then,myself, Andrew Mitchell (Current Owner & on MG Car Club SE Events Committee)

New stainless steel "Zero oval exhaust" (X-Power sound) backboxes fitted (Originals included in sale)

Just had £1400 spent at MGOC Workshop in late March 2015 inc :-
    o New Rear subframe fitted
    o Brake pipes replaced
    o Full MGOC Workshop service
    o New MOT

Also; Recent new tyres fitted (Avons)
    Recent new clutch fitted & AC Compressor @ MGOC Workshop.

Recent brake Pads (All) & front discs

Club Heater hose; Fuel clip etc fitted

Sounds absolutely gorgeous & Ready to use & enjoy this summer! Picture Link here :-

http://www.mg-cars.org.uk/mgccse/images/Summer%20Gathering%202014/8-Sevenoaks-20140727-00796.jpg

http://www.mg-cars.org.uk/mgccse/ima...0451%20(1).jpg

£7150 O.N.O (inc. Original exhausts, badges, spare Apex alloy + legal Avon tyre fitted)

Kind Regards, Andrew Mitchell
    (PM me for more pics / details / mobile number etc. - Thanks)
    Last edited by Andrew M; 05-05-2015 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling!

Hi Andrew,

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks
    Matt

Sorry to see your selling Andrew, did get that feeling at Brooklands when we met up.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Hi Andrew
    sent you a pm as would be very interested to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    Hi All;

With much regret and after a really difficult divorce,last year, I have come to the conclusion that my ZT260 Saloon is to be sold....as its simply not being used enough to justify its keep and I also fancy a "new start".

Anyone who knows me will know that im a "die-in-the-wool" MG buff (Currently events coordinator for MG Car Club SE) and I am still keeping my mint MGFVVC.

The car has also some provenance, being previously owned from new by Richard Monk for 7 years (MGOC Co-founder & Current General manager of MGOC) & original bill of sale...before being sold onto his friend Ian Quarrington "Ianq" (Current MG Car Club director) ...before I purchased it 3 years ago.

Loads of receipts / bills / Service stamps etc.

I have just spent £1400 at MGOC workshop (March 2015) having a complete new rear subframe fitted; New brake pipes and a FULL MGOC workshop service ...aswell as a new MOT issued to April 2016.

The car is now A1 ...and im NOT in a desperate hurry to sell, as the summer season has just started...But now is the time to advertise...Hence its 1st advert,here.
    (It is currently entered for the MG Regency run on May 10th)

Advert reads :-

A VERY rare 2003 (Registered 2004) MGZT260 (& More desirable! SE Mk1),Rear wheel drive, 4.6 Litre Ford Mustang powered MGZT260 (260bhp)

Impeccacble service and condition.
    This car needs nothing and ready to enjoy.

79,000 miles from new
    New MOT to April 2016 / Always Garaged & Show use ONLY
    "Starlight silver" with standard Apex alloys (in shadow chrome) & full sized SPARE (also included)

Full MG/Rover & MGOC service history from new.
    Original bill of sale & all original MGOC workshop bills & Service book stamped every year.

MG Enthusiast Owned, from new
    Formally owned from new, for 7 years, by Richard Monk (Co-MGOC founder & Current General Manager of MGOC)
    And then Ian Quarrington (Current MG Car Club Director)
    And then,myself, Andrew Mitchell (Current Owner & on MG Car Club SE Events Committee)

New stainless steel "Zero oval exhaust" (X-Power sound) backboxes fitted (Originals included in sale)

Just had £1400 spent at MGOC Workshop in late March 2015 inc :-
    o New Rear subframe fitted
    o Brake pipes replaced
    o Full MGOC Workshop service
    o New MOT

Also; Recent new tyres fitted (Avons)
    Recent new clutch fitted & AC Compressor @ MGOC Workshop.

Recent brake Pads (All) & front discs

Club Heater hose; Fuel clip etc fitted

Sounds absolutely gorgeous & Ready to use & enjoy this summer! Picture Link here :-

http://www.mg-cars.org.uk/mgccse/images/Summer%20Gathering%202014/8-Sevenoaks-20140727-00796.jpg

http://www.mg-cars.org.uk/mgccse/ima...0451%20(1).jpg

£7150 O.N.O (inc. Original exhausts, badges, spare Apex alloy + legal Avon tyre fitted)

Kind Regards, Andrew Mitchell
    (PM me for more pics / details / mobile number etc. - Thanks)
    what a conversation stopper
    rattling the keys of this 12 year old car and telling the world it was once owned by Richard Who?

I think that is a little unkind David.

The car may well be 12 years old but Andrew is highlighting the well documented provenance of his car. He is the third owner, the previous two being MG enthusiasts who are still actively involved in the MG world (as is he). You may not know who Richard Monk is (neither do I as it happens) but if one or two of the previous owners were known, well respected names in the MG world I for one would certainly make sure it was mentioned in the advert.
    You may not agree but with 12 year old cars buyers can be quite nervous about previous history, any sort of reassurance about this can be a positive selling point and can highlight how the car has been looked after by it's former owners.

Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    ...........You may not know who Richard Monk is (neither do I as it happens)............
    Richard Monk, General Manager of the MG Owners' Club. Not an easy job.
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

Richard, good bloke likes his MG's. Swapped the one Ian then Andrew bought for the blue production Rousch V8.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Quote Originally Posted by jenksman View Post
    what a conversation stopper
    rattling the keys of this 12 year old car and telling the world it was once owned by Richard Who?
    Bit harsh I'd say, given the reasons for the sale and the fact that you don't know who Richard Monk is.
    Can't see what the intent of the comment is really other than raffling some feathers...............

Just hoping it's been posted in a slight lapse of concentration (happens to me all the time ) otherwise I'd be worried...................
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

Just to announce, I bought Andrews Car yesterday and I'm now back home in Scotland with it.....500 miles and never missed a beat!
    I've been after one of these for a while and am delighted with it. The car is in fantastic condition and Andrew (and his son) were great to deal with.
    The history of the car was a very important feature in buying this one as I have looked at a few until now and was not too happy about their previous maintenance.
    Is going to be a summer use car and then over to a trusty diesel the rest of the time. Definitely going to add a front splitter very soon as cant stand those screws!! any advice on this would be welcomed.
    Must say, was surprised on the MPG, was no worse than my A3 3.2 Quattro.
    Cheers
    Matt