Anyone near me want to play with diagnostics?

Thread: Anyone near me want to play with diagnostics?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I did some testing today with the first 25 or so parameters that I reverse engineered using a Ford tool on a Mustang 4R3 ECU.

This is pscan (dev version) connecting to the Mustang ECU

This is the same software talking to a ZT 260

The numbers will be different because the Mustang ECU is on the bench with no sensors, whereas the ZT 260 one is installed in a car....

The interesting thing is that one of the parameters (valid drive counter) is unreadable on the ZT 260 but it works on the Mustang.
    Another is that certain parameters such as the fuel cap signal don't seem relevant to the ZT 260.

So, whilst I can pull more data from the ECU using Ford "language" I'm not sure that it's actually that useful.
    I think for the time being I should concentrate on reading the data that a T4 can read rather than what a Ford tool can read.

The good news is that on the ZT 260 I was able to get into the ECU directly using the Ford data lines on the diagnostic socket. The picture above is doing that.

This picture below is using the same parameters (so reverse engineered from a Ford tool on a Mustang ECU) but through the Rover pins on the diagnostic socket to the Gateway ECU:-

This is good news. It means that pscan should be able to read straight from the engine ECU even if say the Gateway ECU has a problem.

I think that I'm nearly there.
    Last edited by pscan.eu; 24-06-2019 at 11:39 PM. Reason: inserted wrong pic