Anyone near me want to play with diagnostics?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone near me want to play with diagnostics?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anyone near me want to play with diagnostics?

First an introduction. I am one (there only two of us) of the people behind the pscan.eu diagnostics system for Rovers and MGs.
    I don't want to launch into a sales pitch because I don't know if that's allowed on this forum, and I don't even know if the product works on the V8 models.

I would like to find out though.

Is there anyone on here who would fancy meeting up, preferably in Ruislip area, to give it a try?

I am told that the T4 will not talk to the Ford engine ECU, is it true?
    My suspicion is that the Ford ECU talks PWM whereas the T4 hardware is probably only capable of ISO and the development needed to include PWM never happened.

The thing is that our product in theory has the capability to talk PWM. We would have to develop the firmware to make it work but at least the drivers are on the circuit board. Again I would like to find out.

thanks, Philip
    Last edited by pscan.eu; 23-03-2015 at 11:40 PM.

Sounds interesting but I live in Sweden.:-( If you get it to work, would it be an expensive system for workshops or affordable for the consumer?
    There is no substitute for cubic inches!

We are already selling the tool for £149GBP which I think is affordable. In terms of "getting it to work" we have already covered all of the Engine ECUs, ABS controllers and Airbag ECUs fitted to Rover 75s except for the V8 models.

We plan to keep improving the tool and covering more ECUs which is why I would be interested to meet up with a V8 owner.

The other option is that if anyone has a spare ECU, even a broken one, that I could borrow I could try things out and then send it back. If the ECU is broken it depends on the extent of its brokenness. I only need the diagnostic protocol to come up, it does not need to actually run an engine.

The advantage of meeting someone is that we could try out the ABS and Airbag protocols as well.

The T4 does talk to the for ECU as I have a T4. I have never had any trouble connecting to any V8. i have even connected to a prototype 260.I would like to meet up with you to discuss but I am in south wales. I willbe at brooklands for MG ERA day in 2 weeks if that is any help feel free to PM me

Wynn connected his T4 to my 260 ,when AE Wilcox couldn't get theirs to connect at all !!!!!

A five star T4 service !!!

Thanks again Wynn

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by eurorover View Post
    The T4 does talk to the for ECU as I have a T4. I have never had any trouble connecting to any V8. i have even connected to a prototype 260.I would like to meet up with you to discuss but I am in south wales. I willbe at brooklands for MG ERA day in 2 weeks if that is any help feel free to PM me

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

I'm not a million miles away from you, and 317 is currently enjoying a spring holiday.

You're more then welcome to come over and have a play

Quote Originally Posted by pscan.eu View Post
    We are already selling the tool for £149GBP which I think is affordable. In terms of "getting it to work" we have already covered all of the Engine ECUs, ABS controllers and Airbag ECUs fitted to Rover 75s except for the V8 models.

We plan to keep improving the tool and covering more ECUs which is why I would be interested to meet up with a V8 owner.

The other option is that if anyone has a spare ECU, even a broken one, that I could borrow I could try things out and then send it back. If the ECU is broken it depends on the extent of its brokenness. I only need the diagnostic protocol to come up, it does not need to actually run an engine.

The advantage of meeting someone is that we could try out the ABS and Airbag protocols as well.
    I'm very interested if you can get it to Work on our cars!:-)
    There is no substitute for cubic inches!

Hello there

Regarding the pscan giving access to the MGZT260 systems - may I enquire if the device has now been tweaked and proven to access the car's devices. I would be interested in the unit if this is the case - although I can see that there are not many posts on the topic.

Regards
    David S.
    Last edited by dpfs; 22-10-2015 at 10:59 AM.

In general T4 seems to be ok with the ZT260 but we have had cars that would not speak to T4

I have been working on this quite a lot recently. Time for an update I think, and also another plea for help. Working with Greeners was great but I can't get hold of him anymore.

1. I now have a real T4 which is hugely helpful as a development tool, and I have had a chance to try it on a 260.
    I found that it would go into the engine ECU, but attempting to read error codes causes it to go into a loop that you can't get out without shutting down the T4.
    Reading live data works.

2. I have also found that I can get straight into the engine ECU using Ford Mustang commands. The emissions based data is already done (as in the same as an OBD2 tool). This needed a bit of tweaking compared with OBD2 but I think it works.

3. The amount of data that can be extracted in Ford mode is insane. There appear to be far more parameters in there than I have ever seen on any other ECU, with sensors for things like fuel tank pressure as well as level. You can check for errors from the fuel filler cap sensor. I don't know how many of these will actually work on a V8 R75/ZT. It might be that the sensors are not there, or the ECU might have different firmware to a Ford Mustang. This is certainly data that a T4 can't read.

I can also read error codes reliably :-)

At the moment I am wading through all of these parameters and converting them all, and I don't even know if they will work. I have to travel a bit to meet up with an owner and I don't want to keep hassling him so I am currently doing the whole lot and hoping that I'm not wasting my time.

If anyone else is closer and can let me have a play with my results so far it would be really useful.
    Last edited by pscan.eu; 05-11-2016 at 12:36 AM.