#073 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #073

Thanks for the info guys. I'll try and get mine out and have a look.

Cheers,
    Rich
    2003 ZT 260SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
    2004 ZT-T+ CDTi Aquamarine
    1999 MX-5 Turbo

So I did a bit more digging. First I checked the loom as it had been butchered in the past. It seems 6 wires had been cut into, the two wires that go to OSF sensor, the two wires that go to the NSF sensor and the two wires that go to the instrument cluster. The good news is the wires to the sensors buzzed out correctly and I assume the wires to the instrument cluster were some half-ar##d attempt to put the light out!

So since the sensor wiring checked out, I looked at the modulator. I could see signs of tampering on that too, with "void" stickers on it where the security seal had been removed. On taking it out, I also found that it was only held in with 5 of the 6 torx screws!

So here are some pics of the removed module. Note that the part number is 0 265 900 047 which differs from the quoted part number in other threads but I've seen someone mention this one was fitted to their 260 too.

So, the question is should I have a dig inside? Or would that make potential repairers less likely to touch it?

Rich
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1999 MX-5 Turbo

Oh well, too late now I guess. There certainly looks like signs of attempted repairs in the past. Hope this one is salvageable. It also looks like a thin black jumper wire was stuck in the hot glue when they sealed the top back on and it pulled off with the top, so hopefully a repairer will know where that goes!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1999 MX-5 Turbo