#51 Sadly for sale £5200 ono
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #51 Sadly for sale £5200 ono

Default #51 Sadly for sale £5200 ono

Due to a change in circumstances I am regrettably having to sell my beloved 260 #51 She has covered 69,000 but this will go up gradually as its being used daily.

This car was previously owned by Tony Bubble on here. At the time I was told, 'If you are buying it from Tony it will be a good un'.... and they were right! (Phew!)
    This has increasingly become my everyday driver over the past year and it has never failed to make me smile on the journey to work. If you are thinking about buying one of these cars (whether its mine or any other) JUST DO IT! They are amazing life affirming things. You will not regret it. Unless you have to sell it :-(

Whilst in Tony's ownership, amongst other work it had a complete rear stuff up, so no rear subframe corrosion to worry about.

So it was mechanically sound when I bought it, and I have spent a bit of money on upgrades etc. since I got it.

The first thing I did with it was take her to Austins and get Nick to crawl all over her sorting any minor issues. We also did a major service at this time. I then booked her back into Austins to have a new set of MSD blaster coils (£400 from the states) In June she went back to Austins to have a pre Le Mans service and paid me back buy ferrying four of us to La Sarthe and back in style. I've also had a variety of minor things done, to future proof her a bit. I got Nick to re gas the aircon, so it actually blows cold air, rare for a 260 I know! Its also been to a bodyshop to have a full machine polish and wax to remove some minor blemishes she'd picked up over the years. And shes had a double din radio fitted, which is a fantastic bit of kit. (Watching a Youtube videos of Le Mans whilst waiting in the ferry queue was a highlight!)

I think I've probably spent over £1000 on her in the last year, but am listing her here for less than I bought it for as I would like it go to someone who will look after her properly. if anyone has a low mileage ZTT/ROV diesel, or other large diesel estate I might be interested in a P/EX too.

Paul
    #51.jpg

Sounds a litlle bit on the cheap side surely ?????

Hi!

Where abouts are you located? By stuff up do you mean the car was damaged? Is it registered cat c or d or anything like that?

Best wishes

Matt

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by taine View Post
    Hi!

Where abouts are you located? By stuff up do you mean the car was damaged? Is it registered cat c or d or anything like that?

Best wishes

Matt
    stuff up up is the rear subframe complete with all the rear suspension and diff etc which used to get stuffed up into the body's hell of the car on assembly - so, it's had a new mechanical rear end
    colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

I could perhaps list it for a bit more but I'm more bothered it goes to someone who will enjoy and look after her. I'm in the East Midlands but at present am travelling about a bit ( in the mg when I can!)

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    I could perhaps list it for a bit more but I'm more bothered it goes to someone who will enjoy and look after her. I'm in the East Midlands but at present am travelling about a bit ( in the mg when I can!)
    It's a difficult one to call. Too low and it will go to an opportunist, too high and it won't sell.

Price to attract someone who enjoys and looks after it is somewhere in the middle.

I'd say add another £700 to the price to get interest from genuine enthusiast and start the negotiation from there
    Last edited by Herman; 19-09-2014 at 10:48 PM.
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

"I think I've probably spent over £1000 on her in the last year"

bought 471 for £6200 in March with the words of vendor ringing in my ears ... "car needs nothing doing for the next 12 months" ..... £1800 later PLUS 4 tyres ..... I now have a car that is not only a joy to drive, but does it all reliably

These are indeed wonderful cars - If God spares me, I hope to upgrade to whatever supercharger is the dog's tadge at the time I can afford to treat , but till then its one day at a time and if Ze Mig has to go, Ze Mig has to go

But ... not yet ... Not yet

PM sent

Car Now sold.

Congrats to Paul for selling and to Matt for buying. Stay in touch Paul you may have another.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.