MG ZT 260 for sale soon - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MG ZT 260 for sale soon

Quote Originally Posted by Max260 View Post
    People are selling their 260's now for less than £4K. They must be desperate or taking a big loss. I'm sell mine for £5.5K with 124000 on the clock and Prepared to wait for the right buyer. Unfortunately, if too many people are happy to sell at really low prices it doesn't help the market much. These cars are valued much higher, even classic car agrees with that.

Been off the map for a while as health has not been good. I cannot drive so much these days and that's the only reason for selling.

Max
    Have to agree with you there Max..........silly prices..............would be nice to see one fetch a decent amount.
    Think the cars deserve it....
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

You cannot sell for under 5k what ever condition! There worth that minimum!
    Mark Fullick (formally Hans Gruber)

I disagree
    A car's value will be determined by market forces and general condition
    I have seen a number of cars offered for sale with high mileage, insurance category c or d, bodywork damage, water ingress issues, damaged wheels, electrical problems, warning lights etc., no MOT
    Nothing can be done about a high mileage car other than to reduce it's sale price, likewise with insurance category problems
    As for the other issues they should all be addressed before the car is offered for sale, sometimes the cost of getting this work done will be considerable and sellers may be unwilling to commit the extra funds, which again will make inroads into the final selling price
    If the car is not presented for sale as full sorted then it must be seen as a bargain and forget about £5000.00 that's
    dreaming
    Get the car right, advertise and be prepared to wait a bit.
    You should also remember that if you were using this car every day you will have saved yourself a considerable amount in depreciation if compared to a modern equivalent sized car, say £1000/1500 for a Mondeo
    (I have had the good fortune to run three of these cars including a ZT400 over a 7 year period which involved buying
    and selling each of them)
    Dave

we steal any car .com rated mine at £389 a few months back, just a few months after purchase for £6200