Hey guys

Jim here first time poster from Galway in the ROI.

Have had my current car for almost two years now a 2007 focus ST but I'm after abit of a change and have always wanted a V8. The focus is modified to around 300bhp but the ride is crashy and driveshafts and clutch give problems on these once you go 300+bhp.

Originally I wanted a Vauxhall monaro vxr but these are very expensive ATM and my Max budget is 8k sterling. All I want really is a V8 burble and something more practical with habit of comfort.

V8 mpg doesn't bother me as I'm currently getting 19mpg from my focus

Is a nice black 2006 I have my eye on with the facelift grille around 6k.

A few questions.
Any known issues with these ?
Best cat back for about more noise ? (Been looking at the zero cat back so far and seems like good value) is only modification I will make besides maybe the bigger rear spoiler.
Is the car relatively brisk ? (No supercharger plans here)

My friends think I'm mad buying such an expensive to run car that only makes 259bhp from a big v8 but for me its not really about power and the whole Q car v8 thing really appeals to me. 300bhp from a cheap hatch feels manic so 260bhp from a refined saloon now that I'm turning 31 appeals much more if I'm honest.

Thanks a lot for your replies. Hopefully in a month or so I will have some pics to share.

Jim.