Solar Red 260 #216 for sale
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solar Red 260 #216 for sale

Default Solar Red 260 #216 for sale

After holding back for quite a while I have decided again to sell #216, I simply don't get to use her and I could do with the space for my 2-wheeled projects. I did less than 200 miles last year and not much more the year before - would really like her to go to a real enthusiast as she's unmolested and way too good to have ebay tyre kickers all over it, so it is only listed here at the mo. Currently sorned.
    Any questions please ask................I have more photos but it hasn't changed from the original posts back in the day..should add that the mileage is 53k, which means I did less than 170 miles in the last year, and under 2500 miles in five years

More details-: I have owned the car for nearly 5 years. The first official facelift model, very rare in solar red, 2004 model so lower tax band, this immaculate car polishes up beautifully. The interior is fabulous full black leather in exceptional condition. Stainless Zero Quad rear silencers, BMW widescreen display (retains original wiring and look so much better in the dash) with later MK4 DVD drive Sat Nav system (much quicker). Original CD changer, radio receiver, tv tuner. Zenon headlamps, heated electric seats, sunroof, fully serviced. Apart from the Accufab throttle body the car is unmolested, as clean underneath as it is inside and out. Real walnut Rover 75 dash fitted looks pure class (original also available) I wish I could use it more but other commitments simply mean I don't have the time now. 53k miles, currently sorned, MOT til May 2015, sailed through - no advisories, run up on testbook, no faults. Always garaged, hasn't seen the rain for 5 years. Front tyres are new, rears excellent.

Looking for £7k and not open to silly offers as it's not a money problem, but if you get very close.......

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=575

Lindsay.
    Last edited by RedzedV8; 06-05-2014 at 04:44 PM. Reason: More info - new MOT

Shot Silk & Supercharged

Really nice looking car, I'm not a great fan of red cars in general, but the ZT does look good.

Good luck with the sale - or just keep it

How easy is it to retrofit Cruise to #216?

Did the Mk1.5's ever have the looms to make this easy or would it be a nightmare?

If I knew that this had the loom and was (almost) plug and play, I'd have it
    Last edited by T16; 15-04-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    How easy is it to retrofit Cruise to #216?

Did the Mk1.5's ever have the looms to make this easy or would it be a nightmare?

If I knew that this had the loom and was (almost) plug and play, I'd have it
    The problem is finding the OEM parts.

Cruise ECU, Actuator, brackets, cable to throttle body etc.
    Also needs a T4 to tell the car it has cruise I believe.

Not sure if the car will have CC-loom as it wasn't an option on the MKI but might be wrong
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

The actuator is available to order, but do you need two brackets? One for the ECU, and one for the actuator?

What about a secondary throttle cable? Cant see that on Rimmers... also does the actuator need wiring into the engine bay?

Cruise is essential for me, would be nice to be able to confirm if #216 has the loom for it or not!!

The actuator is available to order, but do you need two brackets? One for the ECU, and one for the actuator?

What about a secondary throttle cable? Cant see that on Rimmers... also does the actuator need wiring into the engine bay?

Cruise is essential for me, would be nice to be able to confirm if #216 has the loom for it or not!!
    Can't tell whether the car has a loom or not, but the ECU sits inside the car. Actuator needs a cable as well, not sure where that comes from and/or present in car
    Also need a set of switches for the steering wheel, the cruise button in the centre console and the switches for clutch/brake pedal.
    Throttle cable may be available in the States from a Mustang. All and all quite involved.

You can always fit an aftermarket cruise though
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

The he best cruise is your right foot
    for many many years I did 60 to 80,000 miles a year and never found the need for cruise control
    if you really like #216 then go for it
    colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

This sold?

Not yet, didn't hear back from person

Just sent you an email.
    Don`t count the days, make each day count.
    Vin 159. X-Power Grey, LPG converted (now sold:ash)
    Criteria for my cars - the numbers of cylinders must be more than the number of seats:D