Quote Originally Posted by Zt pony View Post
I use Shell Nitro..because it's a superior fuel in every way.
I am NOT so worried about the octane rating..but the quality of it....Engine HEALTH !

The additives in Shell Nitro..increase engine life. Clean it. etc. Protect it more

The storage of it ( even more important these days..//Ethanol/ water/ fuel storage tanks/ etc .Shell Stations are all top class stations..with safe/ correct storage tanks.
Bugger their ethanol/petrol storage facilities, it's the effect on my vehicle(s) petrol tank/pipes/fittings/seals etc that worries me.
The cheaper petrol..eg supermarket petrol..doesn't have the quality of additives in it..compared to Shell Nitro. ..some havn't got any. And the storage facilities of some of the actual petrol stations ( AT THE SUPERMARKETS ) are suspect ! eg I had a relation who was a Manger at a large morrisions p station..they often had water in the storage tanks..made worse by the 5% ethanol in ALL petrol now ! Some customers complained..problems after filling up...always..denied..don't know what you mean ..was the stock reply to customers !

They want to up the Ethanol up to E10 before to long i was reading about the other day ! That will be fun !! Let's hope ..there is a mass motorists protest this time.

One point of interest that came up, last octane chat !! , ..was that all the Addititves are added by the Petrol Tanker driver...after/before ..he fills up with the petrol from the refinery !

Harry

Also..Shell Nitro has beaten all the other petrols..in several proper tests ! ( all on web )

p.s. bad spelling day today !!