new resin production models 1:18th scale
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new resin production models 1:18th scale

Post new resin production models 1:18th scale

Hi Guys, its a privilege to be a member of this great club.

I joined the club because I have a great passion for the Rover 75 and MG-ZT models. Most of my family worked at Austin Rover and later due to name change MG rover Group.
    Alot of them lost there jobs due to the greed of the phoenix four.

I have been involved in small model diecast for 30 years or so, and have now decided to start manufacturing the Rover 75 in 18 scale in Resin using the same paints that were supplied on the cars at the time of manufacture. The monograms and kinetic along with the solid colours.
    I have decided the first car will be the Rover 75 18t in Wedgewood Blue and limited to 100 cars on first production with certificate. All the cars will be made in the uk and not China as I believe we still are the market leaders in build quality.

The company is called B31 and the name was formed after the first part of the actual Longbridge postcode.

Pricing is yet to be decided due to build costs. I would appreciate any feedback along your with thoughts about what cars you would actually like us to produce spec and colours.

Thank you for your time
    Jeff

Good to have you here, I am local to you and would be interested. A 260 model or for me a 75 V8 would be great (with the premium bumper).

Great idea with the monograms as there are no models in those colours. There are also no models to my knowledge with the premium bumper so that might be a good market for you as could make them different to any other models out there.

Dom

I would love a MK2 tourer in Solar red. I've never been able to find any models of the tourer as it was only saloons that were ever made

Hello Jeff

When appropriate can you drop me an e-mail mg.zt260@ntlworld.com concerning your intentions please. If you are looking for a V8 then all is good, if however you wish to be a trader then we need to set you up correctly. Don't panic I'm not looking for a fee etc, however the expectation is that you supply products at a preferential rate to members here.

Concerning models, you could put me down for ZT V8 mk1 silver, ZS mk2 black, Rover 75 Tourer white gold, Rover 25 silver, and MG SV firefrost.

As a club we would be more than happy to stock you models in the shop if it assists your endeavours.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Hi guys thanks for the comments, please note im not using this as a platform to sell my products. this is only to gauge if there is a market in what im doing.

Many thanks in advance

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by b31 View Post
    Hi guys thanks for the comments, please note im not using this as a platform to sell my products. this is only to gauge if there is a market in what im doing.

Many thanks in advance
    Good Idea I am sure there is a market and promoting on forums is a good way to sell.

There are 4-5 forums specific to the 75/ZT models. (Normally a %age to the forum is paid).

Mine would be a Mk 2 Black ZTT 260

Last edited by AndyG; 18-01-2014 at 02:29 PM.
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

Would be nice to have a1: 18 scale ZT260 in Poseidon but all depends on cost.:-)
    There is no substitute for cubic inches!

And I would love an xpower grey 260 SE ..

Any rough ball park figure cost wise ????

Harry

The runs will be limited to 100 models in the zt-t and 260 zt the costings will be added shortly along with prototype photos. The first release will be ww blue 18t Rover 75 and the two mentioned will follow suit. Please bear in mind that these will be hand build and only release of 100 worldwide I do anticipate that the resale value will increase highly. As private collectors will buy and eventually sell at a higher price due to the limited numbers being released. I will update once I have further info.

Quote Originally Posted by b31 View Post
    The runs will be limited to 100 models in the zt-t and 260 zt the costings will be added shortly along with prototype photos. The first release will be ww blue 18t Rover 75 and the two mentioned will follow suit. Please bear in mind that these will be hand build and only release of 100 worldwide I do anticipate that the resale value will increase highly. As private collectors will buy and eventually sell at a higher price due to the limited numbers being released. I will update once I have further info.
    Are we talking resin cast or 3D printing?

3D printing will even allow hinges to work etc.

Got a 3D printer at work................brilliant piece of kit
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.