Serious juddering when i apply any throttle whilst cruising? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious juddering when i apply any throttle whilst cruising?

Ex-Mod, RIP

Also worth checking the Air Filter and MAF.
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

saw Dom today and he suggested coil pack and the OBD scanner would say which one it is so when i plugged in the ELM327 scanner and said nothing i was surprised (this was after i saw Dom).

Anyway downloaded the other OBD software digimoto seems more detailed than my simple Easyobd and wait for it start juddering again and see what it says then.

Odyssey Blue Mk1 Vin 075

With the misfire I had recently I had no mill light warning and after looking found puddles on top of no8 coil pack . the misfire I had on my previous car did put the mil warning light on and the snapon diagnostics kit said low speed misfire on cyl no 5. I swapped the coil with another cylinder and cleared the code, rechecked and the fault stayed on cyl 5 shanged the plug and this fixed the misfire.
    Dosnt seem to take much to stuff up a plug on our cars I would change the plugs anyway and if you do do not overtighten them as the plug threads are a week point on these engines. Good luck

Ken Bischoff Vin 075.

It took a long time for my misfire to register with the MIL light - in fact it only lit up the light when the coil pack failed entirely and the car was firing on 7 cylinders all the time.
    Arthur Bullard
    MG ZT-T SE Mk1 #036, Le Mans Green, Press Car

Just developed a slight judder at around 1000-1500 rpm on my 260.

Took all the COPs of to inspect them and found cylinder no.2 had some dampness around sparkplug area and on lower rubber boot of COP.No sign of where the damp came from.

Dried it off put back together-all running fine now.

It's a very easy quick thing to check.

I use a 7mm hose clip driver with a flexible shaft so you can get all the COPs off without having to remove anything else except the air inlet tube to the throttle body.

Just unclip the electrical connector to the COP,undo the 7mm head bolt holding it and carefully pull the COP up.Leave the small bolt sitting on the COP when removing and replacing otherwise you may drop it and lose it.

Just do one at a time and put it back and reconnect electrical connection before moving onto next one,but be VERY careful not to drop the little bolts.

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by stevenw View Post
    ............,but be VERY careful not to drop the little bolts.
    Or get a pair of thin, very long nosed pliers. Been there, Got the T shirt
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

Quote Originally Posted by stevenw View Post
    Just developed a slight judder at around 1000-1500 rpm on my 260.

Took all the COPs of to inspect them and found cylinder no.2 had some dampness around sparkplug area and on lower rubber boot of COP.No sign of where the damp came from.

Dried it off put back together-all running fine now.

It's a very easy quick thing to check.

I use a 7mm hose clip driver with a flexible shaft so you can get all the COPs off without having to remove anything else except the air inlet tube to the throttle body.

Just unclip the electrical connector to the COP,undo the 7mm head bolt holding it and carefully pull the COP up.Leave the small bolt sitting on the COP when removing and replacing otherwise you may drop it and lose it.

Just do one at a time and put it back and reconnect electrical connection before moving onto next one,but be VERY careful not to drop the little bolts.

When putting the COPs back, apply some dielectric grease around the end of the rubber boot (inside) and the connector. It will help to keep the moisture out.
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

Herman whats "dielectric grease" and where do you get it, thinking I could use it on the bike as I'm sorting the ignition system out. Got moisture somewhere.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Herman whats "dielectric grease" and where do you get it, thinking I could use it on the bike as I'm sorting the ignition system out. Got moisture somewhere.

What it is
    http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7582358_us...n-sealing.html

where to buy
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dielectric...-/380370452070
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

Nice one thanks.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.