Further to my issue regarding lumpy running after repeated hot-starting, sitting in traffic after 3-4 stop starts yesterday I had the temperature shoot up in traffic, luckily I wa sonly about a 1/3 nmile from home and the traffic cleared right on cue so that as I drove the temperature dropped back down to sub-critical whilst moving and then I rolled into the carpark with a sigh of relief.

once stopped I realised the fan wasn't running on , so restarted (clearly it would have been hot enough for full fan speed at this time, ) No fan
aircon on, demist on, No fan

Checking for threads all morning I couldn't find anything to point to the exact Trinay switch leads to short to test full fan speed?

I found a nice cut'n' paste by Herman of a Blackolive Post, but haven't found the thread yet,where he showed the connectors in the wheel arch, but weather prevented me testing from there. unfortunately the weather is dire here and could only mange half an hour but my fan didn't come on at all so I suspect the worst...

I've dropped Jules a PM, as I suspect complete replacement will be the result, I couldn't see any blown fuses in the engine fuse box, does the V8 also have the fan control box on the fan cowel like the other models?? or is it just fed from the fuse box Relay?

I can't see a Resistor so assume I have the early model Fan arrangement, which is the best model of fan or exchange fan for this variant? should I go Kenlowe? as supplied by Jules..

All suggestions gratefully recieved..

particularly, which cables to short on Tinary,
which fan to fit if replacement
any further suggestions for testing Fan ? or gteting to relays

I have the wiring diagrams somewhere so will try to break them out.

Never Rains but it pours......