Hi all! So I've finally decided the 260 is the car for me, inoffensive to most but cool to a few in the know.

I've been browsing this and the MG forums for the past few weeks and I like the community here, for me vehicle ownership is as much getting to know a car mechanically as it is driving it, and the depth and breadth of knowledge members have is outstanding, seems like everyone pulls together to solve problems.

Anyway onto the subject of my post... I'm not the biggest fan of gadgets so I would really like a non SE 260 (saloon), in fact ideally I would like a MK1 without traction control and I'm keen to avoid a sunroof. Problem is I've gone through the for sale post and it seems like almost all of the cars are SE's, and those that aren't have sunroofs and satnavs as options. So my question is am I going to be waiting a long time for what I want to come up, does anyone have a rough idea of how many SE's vs standard models were originally produced? Finally if I have to get an SE can the extras be removed? From what I read the wiring looms are the same and the electronics plug in so I could perhaps substitute parts for base model Rover 75 items? Can the traction control be unplugged too?

I realise this sounds a bit strange, I mean, who'd choose a lower spec car when the price is the same? I just like basic motoring - no radio, window down instead of air con.

Many thanks, George