Struggling to find NON SE 260
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Struggling to find NON SE 260

Default Struggling to find NON SE 260

Hi all! So I've finally decided the 260 is the car for me, inoffensive to most but cool to a few in the know.

I've been browsing this and the MG forums for the past few weeks and I like the community here, for me vehicle ownership is as much getting to know a car mechanically as it is driving it, and the depth and breadth of knowledge members have is outstanding, seems like everyone pulls together to solve problems.

Anyway onto the subject of my post... I'm not the biggest fan of gadgets so I would really like a non SE 260 (saloon), in fact ideally I would like a MK1 without traction control and I'm keen to avoid a sunroof. Problem is I've gone through the for sale post and it seems like almost all of the cars are SE's, and those that aren't have sunroofs and satnavs as options. So my question is am I going to be waiting a long time for what I want to come up, does anyone have a rough idea of how many SE's vs standard models were originally produced? Finally if I have to get an SE can the extras be removed? From what I read the wiring looms are the same and the electronics plug in so I could perhaps substitute parts for base model Rover 75 items? Can the traction control be unplugged too?

I realise this sounds a bit strange, I mean, who'd choose a lower spec car when the price is the same? I just like basic motoring - no radio, window down instead of air con.

Many thanks, George

The desire to modify a vehicle is a disease that can only be treated with more modifications

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

Hi George,

they are out there, so worth the wait if that is what you really really want
    colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

You are right Colin, patience is key here best to wait and get the right one. If they are out there then I'll sit tight and keep my eyes open

The desire to modify a vehicle is a disease that can only be treated with more modifications

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    WELCOME

MG ZT260 FAQ

Two-sixties Blog

Items For Sale in Public Section
    List of MG ZT/ZTT/75 V8s For Sale

(We have many threads in the Members Section that will help you when you own a 260/75V8)
    If you have other any question please ask.

How did you hear about our forum?
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

Hi George,

I don't really have any quick fix answers, I'm replying mainly because you are clearly a man after my own heart.

I looked hard & long for a non SE, mainly due to my distaste for sat nav & apex alloys (these are generally admired additions!).

I finally found mine - a one owner, non Sat Nav example with barely 12,000 miles on the clock (now 14,000). This in fact turned out to be an SE originally built for South African import, but never actually got past a dealer in Oldham. Go figure.....

You've probably already seen the below in Autotrader, it's been around for about 4 months now... mileage & location would put me off but at least they still exist...
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...true?logcode=p

You may have to settle for a nice SE though, just keep the fiddle fingers off those sad electro gadgets.....

happy hunting & regards.....
    Ian B ZT 260 #876

Ex-Mod, RIP

It's VIN#220.

He has two 260s, VIN#094 as well
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

Thanks Ian, glad to hear I'm not alone here! Yes I'd seen #220 and I was considering it but under close inspection it appears to have a sunroof (the only extra I can't remove), think I'll wait a couple of months to see if the perfect car turns up. Sure you don't want to sell yours? I could find you a top spec electric everything model to go in its place, soon you wouldn't be able to live without an an automatically dimming rear view mirror!
    Last edited by George; 30-09-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Just get an se and don't fix things when they break eventually you'll have what you want

Quote Originally Posted by zt954 View Post
    Just get an se and don't fix things when they break eventually you'll have what you want
    To true. I have a SE.

Sat nav bust, of course TV won't work nowadays anyway as its analog.
    CD player broke.
    Sun roof broke
    Central locking partially broke.
    Reversing sensors dicky.
    Heating broke - now operated manually by setting the valve under the bonnet to hot and cold for winter/summer.

Leather is nice though. Wouldn't want non leather car personally.

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    it appears to have a sunroof (the only extra I can't remove),
    Corin on the OC has done a couple of factory sunroof, so I'm sure he could do the reverse !!!