2x tyres 225/45/18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2x tyres 225/45/18

Default 2x tyres 225/45/18

If anyone has some spare tyres in this size, I really need a set as mine have disintegrated over the weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT View Post
    If anyone has some spare tyres in this size, I really need a set as mine have disintegrated over the weekend...
    I have two new Dunlop SP01s (91W) - half way there!
    Tony Dennis
    I counted them in and I counted them out (with apologies to Brian Hanrahan) - 005, 007, 019, 051, 103, 288, 354, 455, 577, 700 - the story continues.

I only need two, I got the car with the rears a bit low but didn't realize how quickly these go through them!

Saw these earlier on eBay, if there any good! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tyres-225-...item43bd8f1227

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
    Saw these earlier on eBay, if there any good! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tyres-225-...item43bd8f1227
    I do not trust second hand tires, let alone Jinyu, OK as a spare.

I saw some tests on strange tires and they were 30% less efficient with braking distance.
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

I agree entirely Andy. Is it worth it..save a few quid, and you end up dead Also. isn't it illegal to have different Tire makes on the same axle ? They had a serious test on second hand tires the other month, in a respectable car mag, and the results where frightening ! ( from german sourced ,s/h tire sellers ) It's even as frightening when you see some of the tires tests..showing braking distances / difference between..according to makes/ prices etc The difference between braking distances = life/ v death !!! And, what the hell's the point in having a hi perf car..and shoving crap tires on it ! AND..you don't have to spend an absolute fortune on tires..my beloved Toyo T1 Sports, are far from being the most expensive !! And, Federal 539's, aren't at all expensive.. and they are good !! Regard.s Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    I do not trust second hand tires, let alone Jinyu, OK as a spare.

I saw some tests on strange tires and they were 30% less efficient with braking distance.

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Zt pony View Post
    ...........Toyo T1 Sports,.........
    I use Toyos, the grip is fantastic. (The estate helps with more weight over the back wheels)
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Zt pony View Post
    I agree entirely Andy. Is it worth it..save a few quid, and you end up dead Also. isn't it illegal to have different Tire makes on the same axle ? They had a serious test on second hand tires the other month, in a respectable car mag, and the results where frightening ! ( from german sourced ,s/h tire sellers ) It's even as frightening when you see some of the tires tests..showing braking distances / difference between..according to makes/ prices etc The difference between braking distances = life/ v death !!! And, what the hell's the point in having a hi perf car..and shoving crap tires on it ! AND..you don't have to spend an absolute fortune on tires..my beloved Toyo T1 Sports, are far from being the most expensive !! And, Federal 539's, aren't at all expensive.. and they are good !! Regard.s Harry
    Don't you mean 595 ? I'm using those since 2008 and been fine with them. They are getting more expensive though and more difficult to source
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Herman View Post
    ............ They are getting more expensive though and more difficult to source
    Toyos are available from Brian at a sensible price.

I stand corrected ..Federal 595's ! mytires.co.uk = £412 for .. 4 tires..fitted/ balanced ( at one of their agents ).. Not a bad price !!!! They also do the drift/ comp 595 RS R ones..I read an article in a very respectable hi perf car/ race auzzy mag few yrs back. THE fastest tire tested was..a FEDERAL ..595 R something ( a road / track tire ) And he praised the TOYO T1R . Comparison against ALL posh/ serious tires..Pirelli Zero's, Bridgestone so2, Dunlop etc etcThe tester was a well known/ respected Australian racer/ and the track was a proper decent longish track ! NOT ..like some of these stupid "mickey mouse " half a mile ones some of these review peopole use ( AUTO EXPRESS etc ) Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Herman View Post
    Don't you mean 595 ? I'm using those since 2008 and been fine with them. They are getting more expensive though and more difficult to source