Rear subframe wanted - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 79 of 79

Thread: Rear subframe wanted

  1. #71
    Registered User mantianak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Looks like it might be from a Focus RS mk1. Shape looks the same, not sure about sizes.

    http://www.part-box.com/product_info...ducts_id=31494

    Edit: The bolt, nut & offset washer I meant, not bushes.
    Last edited by mantianak; 12-04-2013 at 02:18 PM.

    MG ZT 260se, MG ZT 190+ & MG ZR 120

    Carl Buckley

  2. #72
    No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Welwyn Garden City
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mantianak View Post
    Looks like it might be from a Focus RS mk1. Shape looks the same, not sure about sizes.

    http://www.part-box.com/product_info...ducts_id=31494

    Edit: The bolt, nut & offset washer I meant, not bushes.
    I would say that looks very similar if not the same... Anyone know a friendly Ford parts person...?

  3. #73
    Registered User mantianak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Popped into my local Ford dealer and getting one ordered in for tomorrow. Can't really compare as my 260 is still 30 miles away up on ramps. Will take some measurements though.

    MG ZT 260se, MG ZT 190+ & MG ZR 120

    Carl Buckley

  4. #74
    Registered User Malcolmr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canberra, ACT, Australia
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mantianak View Post
    Popped into my local Ford dealer and getting one ordered in for tomorrow. Can't really compare as my 260 is still 30 miles away up on ramps. Will take some measurements though.
    My old ones (two survived, two had to be cut through) are 4 1/4 inches overall length, 7/16 bolt diameter and 1 1/4 inch diameter for the eccentric washer. I thought the measurements might have been metric in this day and age, but the millimetres don't line up so imperial seems to work best (US-based I guess).
    VIN 206
    This is definitely not her car...

  5. #75
    Registered User mantianak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Dropped the bolts off at the garage. They appear to be the same ones, the markings on the bolt head are the same too. They were working on my 260 when I got there. He was having trouble with some of the seized parts including the hand break cable.

    For info the Ford part numbers are:
    FMU 1456980 = bolt
    FMU 1456979 = cam washer

    4 of each cost me little over 50. You can probably find them cheaper elsewhere but I got them from the Ford dealer direct.

    MG ZT 260se, MG ZT 190+ & MG ZR 120

    Carl Buckley

  6. #76
    Ex-Admin, RIP Herman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Swindon, , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mantianak View Post
    Dropped the bolts off at the garage. They appear to be the same ones, the markings on the bolt head are the same too. They were working on my 260 when I got there. He was having trouble with some of the seized parts including the hand break cable.

    For info the Ford part numbers are:
    FMU 1456980 = bolt
    FMU 1456979 = cam washer

    4 of each cost me little over 50. You can probably find them cheaper elsewhere but I got them from the Ford dealer direct.
    Copied to the index for future reference
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

    Herman

    Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

    FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

    Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

  7. #77
    #242 V8 on tour colintf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    17,538

    Default

    thanks for sharing that with us
    colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

    http://www.mgfim.org/

    http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

    http://www.v8register.net/

    http://www.mgfregister.org/

    http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/



    Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

  8. #78
    Registered User mantianak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Happy to help others

    MG ZT 260se, MG ZT 190+ & MG ZR 120

    Carl Buckley

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •