MG Zero exhausts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MG Zero exhausts

Default MG Zero exhausts

Hi all! I'm looking for a recommended quality exhaust backbox for my 190. Unfortunately, i can't for the love of money find an XPower back box. So I started doing research and it looks as though Zero exhausts are highly thought of among the 260 fold.

What are you guys opinions on them? Worth the money?

Hi,

Xpower exhausts are a bit hard to find, so a lot of us have as you say gone down the route of getting Zero's.

I personally got Zero's made and prefer them to the Xpowers. The build quality is certainly better. Kevin, who is Zero exhausts, runs a 190 tourer himself, which has dual exhausts on it, so he very familiar with the possibilities on a 190. I certainly tricked me into thinking it was a V8 when I first saw his car!

I think they are well worth the money, they are like pieces of jewellery hanging off the back of your car. Don't know what a 190 box would cost, as in theory you need half as many as us.
    Chris Fairbairn

260SE #246

SHM Forged short block
    Dreadnought Kenne Bell charger conversion
    VHS handling pack

As Chris says gives the V6 a better note. Got a set on my 75 V6 tourer.

Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Got the Zeros on my 260 and would highly recommend them.

Very well made, lovely sound,look good and will almost certainly last longer than the car

Thank you very much for your posts! Would any of you find gentlemen with a V6 happen to have it recorded? I'm a little frightened of it going too loud and sounding yob-ish, that said a V engine can sound nothing but musical

Its not yobish but its defiantly not Rover either. If I get the chance I'll try and record something at the weekend.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Chris,

Quote Originally Posted by Cribbit View Post

Xpower exhausts are a bit hard to find, so a lot of us have as you say gone down the route of getting Zero's.

I personally got Zero's made and prefer them to the Xpowers. The build quality is certainly better. Kevin, who is Zero exhausts, runs a 190 tourer himself, which has dual exhausts on it, so he very familiar with the possibilities on a 190. I certainly tricked me into thinking it was a V8 when I first saw his car!

I think they are well worth the money, they are like pieces of jewellery hanging off the back of your car. Don't know what a 190 box would cost, as in theory you need half as many as us.
    I will need some replacement exhaust sections replaced (hopefully, just the back boxes). Can you let me have contact details of the manufacturer of the Zero's.

thanks,

Kev

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
    Chris,
    I will need some replacement exhaust sections replaced (hopefully, just the back boxes). Can you let me have contact details of the manufacturer of the Zero's.
    thanks,
    Kev
    https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...light=exhausts
    Last edited by AndyG; 13-03-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

From 2010:
    I have a questionnaire to complete but have never been given instructions where to send it. I don't use Micro$oft software.
    Send it to Tim at mg.zt260@ntlworld.com
    Most alternative office software will read (and write) Word files. I don't use Microsoft either, but I've never had any trouble...
    Trouble is that my software is circa 1995/6, so the filters are not able to read Word 6 onwards. That, though, is not the main problem. My e-mail is set to only except text attatchments. As Word is not anywhere near pure text the system normally gives it the Jonny Wilkinson treatment.
    cheers,
    Kev
    I assume you have never sorted this out Kev, I am sure if you email Tim he will be able to provide you with another copy in .pdf format or something else suitable such as .rtf or even plain text. And then,when you go GREEN you will be able to view the link AndyG has just posted and won't be restricted to the Public Section.

Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
    Chris,

thanks,

Kev

http://www.zeroexhausts.co.uk/contact.htm
    Chris Fairbairn

260SE #246

SHM Forged short block
    Dreadnought Kenne Bell charger conversion
    VHS handling pack