Hi Guys,

Just joined the forum, and this is my first post! I am currently seriously considering buying a ZTT260 to replace our not so trusty ZTT CDTi+.

I don't need to tell you chaps how these cars get under your skin, and despite the diesel suffering from every diesel-related malady (plus a few unusual ones like failing PAS hydraulic pumps), we as a family still love it! It drives and handles so well and it is perfectly sized for us.

Thing is it is hard to love a diesel. V8s on the other hand are easy to love, although with road tax at twice the price and fuel consumption half of the diesel, the economics never really stacked up - and why despite multiple temptations, I have never taken the plunge.

The running costs problem hasn't changed, but if you are going to run one of these cars, it might as well be the one you've always loved. And you have to love the ZTT260.

Now I doubt that the 260 is any more immune to those little 75/ZT foibles than our CDTi has been, so I'd like to go into an ownership situation with my eyes wide open...

So firstly, what should I look for when buying? (there's at least one ZTT260 on the 'bay at the moment)
Secondly, what are the common faults that I am likely to encounter over long-term ownership?

Apologies if these are the commonest questions that are always asked... but I haven't found an enthusiast's buying guide yet!

Many thanks!