What to look for when buying a 260? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to look for when buying a 260?

Quote Originally Posted by zt954 View Post
    Not wishing to crush your dream but don't think your running cost will be double the diesel they won't I know I own both,diesel average 50 mpg v8 average 20 mpg ,road tax diesel 185 v8 250 ,service interval diesel 15000 miles v8 5000 miles ,it goes on & on.i don't want to put you off but you said you wanted to go in to it with your eyes open ,if you want one get one,you won't regret it,but its never going to be cheap good luck with your search john
    Oil change every 5K, roughly 40 quid, 20 mpg @ 134.9 a ltr = 30 pence a mile..............doesn't sound too bad
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

yea and a bloody great big grin to go with it . you only live once
    Quote Originally Posted by Herman View Post
    Oil change every 5K, roughly 40 quid, 20 mpg @ 134.9 a ltr = 30 pence a mile..............doesn't sound too bad

Wow, hi Rob - welcome to the two-sixties...

My one is out of storage, the deal with it & SF is that they come out for the summer months, but I alternate them - it's the only way I can afford to run them both. Last year was SF's turn, this year the V8 is out and about. 6 months on, 18 months off.

I personally get 21 mpg, used to get 27 mpg from my old ZT 190, so not as big a jump as I had expected. Difference between the two is that at 70mph, the V6 would be doing 1000 rpm more than the V8 more or less. However, the best mpg I've seen is 24, but if you give it the beans, you'll be lucky to see double figures. Of course, the noise of the car more than makes up for its drink problem!

Once you have one, you'll never go back, I'm sure. Tried selling my one once, never again - head vs heart, the heart will always win!

Oh, and my one is BRG, not LMG (my old ZS 180 was LMG and Emma's current ZS Diesel is also LMG) hmmm, i'm seeing a pattern here, we seem to be collecting green MGs!

Emma's MGF - BRG(M) - check
    Emma's ZS Diesel - LMG - check
    My V8 - BRG(P) - check
    My MGF - Flame Red & Sandalwood beige... oh well, scratch that theory...

Last edited by Scarlet Fever; 04-06-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    Andrew Phillips
    MGF - 'Scarlet Fever'
    ZT 260 - 'Old number 27'
    ZS 180 - aka rolling restoration...