Insurance Warning - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance Warning

Quote Originally Posted by Cribbit View Post
    AHHH....

Really must cancel the policy on the van I sold ages ago now....

One of those things I always meant to get round too. I have a new priority today now!
    Me to.... I have just called to cancel it.... Just forgot all about it.

Ex-Mod, RIP

Glad to be of help.

Let me think......... I have possibly you both saved 100s of thousands of pounds, Say 10%........????

ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

We had this issue on a car we sold at work (we're supposed to put any car with valid tax on it, on our insurance policy so we can legally move it without trade plates) and the system doesn't always automatically remove it when the date passes. And we had a car that had been hit several years after sale, and we were the only ones showing as having the insurance on it.

I have to religiously check every one now when we sell to make sure the system has updated itself.
    James Curgenven
    ZT 260 SE #455 "Hobbes - The Rumblebee"
    "By my deeds I honour him, V8."

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Glad to be of help.

Let me think......... I have possibly you both saved 100s of thousands of pounds, Say 10%........????

Sounds only fair...

I got a £75 rebate. You can have 10% of that...

In all seriousness though, thanks for the post, quite possibly saved me from a very nasty situation!
    Chris Fairbairn

260SE #246

SHM Forged short block
    Dreadnought Kenne Bell charger conversion
    VHS handling pack

Quote Originally Posted by 2V8s View Post
    [snip]. I guess if you have or do buy something else and swap your insurance to the new reg then I guess you will also be OK.
    This event could happen whilst you were in the process of purchasing another vehicle. The correct solution is to "suspend" the policy until you obtain another vehicle.

As I have a multi-car policy I would need to delete the registration (cover) for the vehicle sold. I would still be earning "no-claims bonus" on the others (not that I can claim above maximum).

regards,

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by ian w View Post
    A few years ago in a similar situation my bike insurer at the time was Norwich union and when I sold my bike I was allowed to suspend my insurance without cancelling and restart it when I bought a new bike so I did not waste any of my policy cover. However in those days it was a rid policy so it was the rider not the bike that was insured so you could ride any bike, how things have changed.

Ian
    Ian,

Exactly as it should be and good advice. I also used to be insured for any vehicle but obviously they can't fit my ego onto the APNR database and so they forced insurance companies to cover vehicles only (the index is easier to type in).

I now have to use a multi-car type policy instead - more complex. In the above case one would remove that registration index from the policy - the other vehicle(s) would keep no-claims bonus earings going.

cheers,

Kev