Rear sub frame
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear sub frame

Default Rear sub frame

MOT failed due to badly corroded rear sub frame. Quoted about £750 including VAT not including labour obviously. Does anyone know where I could get one a bit cheaper? Ive looked but cant see.

Think the part numbers KHB000170

Thanks

Christian
    Last edited by wheresmonkey; 19-12-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: added part number

typical. one just sold on ebay for £125 a couple of weeks ago. think it was bought by someone on here so they might be along. If not Bernard had a place that welded his at a decent price.

Alternatively there is the place in Macclesfield that had a couple left new for £600 I think, but that was for a whole new rear stuff up.

I am calling them tomorrow so will see if they have any left.

Hi Christian

Have a chat with Chris over at MG Lifestyle. He is about to do a swap on a rear frame so may have a spare one. If not he might be able to do some welding for you. You could also try Linden as he welded mine last year for the same reason, depends how bad yours is.
    Dave Rushfirth

Empty garage where #138 used to be

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic22 View Post
    typical. one just sold on ebay for £125 a couple of weeks ago. think it was bought by someone on here so they might be along.
    That could be the one Chris got. He's getting it powder coated before fitting which is the route I'm taking.
    Dave Rushfirth

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic22 View Post
    typical. one just sold on ebay for £125 a couple of weeks ago. think it was bought by someone on here so they might be along. If not Bernard had a place that welded his at a decent price.

Alternatively there is the place in Macclesfield that had a couple left new for £600 I think, but that was for a whole new rear stuff up.

I am calling them tomorrow so will see if they have any left.
    Cheers yeah if you can let me know what they say.

And Dave i got a voicemail left from the garage saying its badly corroded and they were quite shocked... doesnt sound good :P Im not sure about the welding ill ask when i call up tomorrow.

Hi Christian,

What is your cars Vin number please? I thought the problems with the rear subframe was mainly seen on early cars?

Hope you get yours sorted quickly.

regards

Nigel
    Nigel Baines

MG ZT 385 SE Starlight Silver
    Reg 29 Sep 04 Vin No 496
    `Roush Supercharger fitted 07 Feb 11`

`Do...or do not, There is no try.`

Ex-Mod, RIP

There has been a question of people having the car undersealed and blocking the drain holes up. ?

ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

Nigel yep your probably right 110 is mine

MGOC workshop replaced the tube under the diff on the sub frame for me. I cannot remember how much for the tube, but the total bill was less than your quote and they replaced my rear springs which I supplied, 5000 service and a MOT.

They said it is best to repair the sub frame on the car as it keeps it true being bolted to the car, if it was removed and the tube cut out it could distort.

They have done several.

This subject has been mentioned before: https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...wer-cross-beam
    Last edited by V8NDV; 20-12-2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Add Link
    No. 64 MG 260SE

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    There has been a question of people having the car undersealed and blocking the drain holes up. ?

The drain holes on mine are at the high point at each end of the banana tube rather than at the bottom so wouldn't really drain. Funny though as it was the ends of that tube which went on mine.
    Dave Rushfirth